Hello all - I think it's time to do this again. It's been a frustrating week at work, and a pretty normal week otherwise, but there are always at least five good things to point out, right?
1. It's November. I like November, it always seems like a cozy month to me. The weather gets cooler, there are lots of family birthdays (including The Tim), and Thanksgiving arrives, which I think is the coziest holiday out there.
2. Flu shots. I had a check-up at my doctor's office this week, and got a flu shot. I had been meaning to get one, and then had to wait until the shingles were well out of the way. So this week I was able to be shot. (!) I know some people say the actually get the flu from the shot, but so far, I just have a sore arm. And hopefully I won't get the flu!
3. Cardinals. There have been cardinals in our garden this week. They are some of my favorite birds, the males being such a pretty red, and both genders being so peepy. They are also the state bird of Pennsylvania, as well as my home state of West Virginia (and several other states as well).
4. Knitting students who finish projects during a class. While I was working at Rosie's on Sunday, my co-worker Andrea was teaching a project class for a bulky, lacy cowl. The students were not total newbies to knitting, but they were not veterans either. In spite of the fact that one of them had to start over three times, they both finished their cowls during the workshop time (that hardly ever happens!). They were thrilled, and they ended up buying more yarn to make the same things for holiday presents. It's nice when people are happy rather than frustrated when they learn something new.
5. Manicures that last. I treated myself to a manicure last Saturday, and only this morning did I remove the polish. That's a big deal for me, as usually the polish has chipped quite a bit by the evening of whenever I have my nails done, or fix them myself. I have been making an effort to take care of my nails, since it keeps me from picking at my cuticles.
What about you? I hope there are at least 5 things you can find from the week!