We are planning to have the same lunch that Stephen Dedalus enjoys in Ulysses, so the gorgonzola cheese, rye bread, and white wine are waiting ...
Then on to this week's Ten on Tuesday, with the topic of "10 Things on Your Summer Bucket List." Since a bucket list to me implies things I must do before I die, I'm just going to list 10 Things I Hope To Do This Summer. I don't want to think about dying, as I have enough stress right now as it is, you know?
Unlike most people in the universe, summer is my least favorite season. I do not like hot weather at all, and add in the humidity, and I end up with Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder. Seriously. For instance, we've had 90-degree plus days with really high humidity for the last week, and it is not even officially summer yet. This does not bode well.
But, summer happens no matter what I think, so here are things I hope to do, in no particular order.
1. Try not to complain as much. I actually started to consciously try this last year, and did pretty well. So I'm gonna try again this year.
2. Go "down the shore" (Philly talk for going to the beach) at least six times. We love to go and spend the day, but it's hard for our schedules to mesh that often so it can happen. Last year I didn't get to go at all, since my summer was pretty much taken care of with injuries and surgery, so I'm hoping to go this year.
3. Find air conditioning whenever I can, and cool off.
4. Get some Rita's Italian Ice, gelati, twist cones - well, you get the idea - as many times as I can.
5. Convince The Tim to make Shrimp Summer Rolls. One of his regular days off is Tuesday, and it's especially nice to come home from work and find that he has made these for dinner!
6. Enjoy the concert with Diana Krall and the Philadelphia Orchestra in July. My niece and her husband are joining us. It should be a great concert, and a fun time.
7. Finish at least one knitting project. Everything I'm working on at the moment is languishing. Surely I can finish one of them, right?
8. Read even more.
9. If it ever cools enough for me to be able to enjoy being outside, I'd like to get the garden cleaned up so that we can enjoy sitting out there. We were otherwise occupied on the weekends when the weather was nice enough to do it earlier in May, so it's still waiting.
10. DRINK COLD DRINKS. Iced tea, lemonade, beer, wine, anything that I enjoy that is cold or frozen!
No matter what plans you do or do not have, I hope that your summer is a good one!