OK, so it's not, at least in Philadelphia. For most of the week, the heat and humidity have been busting out all over, and then today rain. But that does not a hearty, happy song make ...
No matter, though, 'cause today is Friday and it's time for me to remind myself of some good things and push the bad things out (or down, away, whatever). So here you go.
1. Memorial Day weekend. I think I mentioned that our plans changed due to some problems Dug was having. The good news is that he is feeling better, and that we had a lovely four-day weekend (we'd both taken last Friday off since we thought we'd be traveling). It was relaxing, fun, and both of us actually got some things done we'd had on back burners for a while. We even had company on Sunday late-afternoon, when The Tim invited some of his co-workers and former co-workers for a drink. I can't remember the last time we had non-family company, and it was great.
2. A short work week. 'Nuff said. :-)
3. Potato salad. I made potato salad for our at-home picnic, and I finally got a combination for the dressing that hit the perfect mark for both of us. It was incredibly yummy! Plus, we both love potato salad so it was even more exciting that it turned out extra well.
4. Ice cream. We don't usually have ice cream, but The Tim bought some for us to have for the holiday weekend, and it was such a treat!
5. Lunch with The Tim on Wednesday. I had to go for my six-month versions of x-rays and MRIs on Wednesday. The Tim was off work that day, so he took me out to lunch at one of our fave places that is just enough out of the way that we seldom get to go. We got grilled falafel sandwiches and baklava. It made up for all that happened that morning, trust me!
Hm. Food played a large part in my favorites this week. Not surprising, but kinda funny. I guess with everything else swirling around us, having the chance to have some "special" foods to eat made them even better than usual.
This weekend, The Tim is working both Saturday and Sunday during the day, so I am left to my own devices. I don't have any special plans, other than the usual hilarity of laundry and other household wonders, but I'm sure I'll manage to think of something to entertain myself ...
Have a lovely weekend, and I hope there were at least five things this past week that made you smile.