14 December 2016

Monday Questions. Wednesday Answers.

This week brings us another bunch of good questions from Kathy, so I'm going to play along.

BUT - before we get to that, I wanted to share a couple of links.

I know this is lambswool, and I know it is handknit.  I'm also sure it's probably worth every penny (pound, rather), but I would like to know WHO can afford it???  But I see this, and tell myself I REALLY need to get moving on making one with yarn from my stash, as I love these kinds of blankets.  Maybe 2017 will be the year ...

And then, for your Christmastime pleasure, here are a few cute ornaments to knit, courtesy of Kate, and they are freebies, so it's a win-win!

OK, on to the business at hand ...

1. Have you ever knit a Christmas ornament?

Yes.  I made this a few years back, and want to make more!


And, a few years ago, I knit an Advent Calendar garland, which is a Christmas decoration, if not technically an ornament.

2.  Have you ever knit with sparkle yarn?

Not so far, though I have two skeins of sock yarn with stellina in them, so somewhat sparkly knitting is in my future.

3.  Did you buy yarn while travelling this year?

Yes!  I bought a skein in Mystic Seaport, CT during our New England vacation, and a skein in two different places on two different trips to Baltimore.

4.  When's the last time you wore something you knit?

Today.  I wore my Silk Kerchief, which is one of my fave accessories when it's cold.

5.  Do you remember your dreams?

Sometimes.  Usually when they are extremely weird or disturbing.

6.  What's the one thing you don't want to run out of?

Spiritually, Christmas cheer.  Practically, tea.

7.  Deep dish or thin pizza?

Thin-ish.  Not real paper thin.  The Tim makes a perfect crust.  If you are in Chicago though, real deep-dish pizza is mighty tasty.

8.  Name a favorite holiday Christmas CD, or album for us oldies.

Kathy herself already mentioned the James Taylor one, so I have two that I'll mention: Just in Time for Christmas, by Nancy LaMott, 


and, Christmas with the Cambridge Singers.


9.  How do you remind yourself a candle has been lit?  

Whenever I have a candle lit, I'm right there.  If I leave the room, I automatically blow it out and make sure it's out.  Having lived through two house fires, I'm very conscious of it.

10. What's the ring tone on your phone?

I don't have a cell phone, so it's whatever came with the phone we have ...

OK, that's it for today - have a good one!

P.S. to any commenters: Blogger seems to have stopped sending me e-mails of comments, so I can respond.  I don't know how or why this happened, but I promise I'm not ignoring you!  Hopefully it can be resolved soon.  (Is anyone else having this problem, by the way?)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have thought about making a color-block blanket. I made Steve a Hudson Bay Blanket a couple of years ago (i.e. king-size and all garter stitch --- AAAACCCKKKK!) So, it might take a bit to forget that pain and be ready to start another one.

Oh my gosh ...............those ornaments are adorable, especially the little snowflake hat.

As for blogger --- not all comments, but Judy and Meredith's comments don't generate an email. It is VERY frustrating!! I hope they get that bug fixed soon.

Tired Teacher said...

I, too, have a few comments that don't come via email. I doubt there is anything that can be done about it, but if you find a solution, please share.

Your Silk Kerchief is gorgeous!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I had the blogger problem a few years back. The only way I found to fix it was to change the email address associated with my account (I have a couple email addresses, so it wasn't a huge deal). It's been fine ever since.

karen said...

have you checked your spam folder? check the settings on blogger and see if your email is listed to send. Also clear out cache and cookies on the browser you are using. (that is all I've got).

I get blogger emails from blogger users. I sometimes do not get notified on some non-blogger people, sometimes I do. I always check the post to double check I haven't missed anyone.

And no I haven't been having any issues lately.

Vera said...

Thanks for the pattern link - very cute! And love your silk kerchief - beautiful. Most, but not all comments on my blog come thru to my e-mail...not sure what the issue is with some. And that blanket at the outset of your post - SWOON!

Lorraine said...

Bridget- I think I ran out of tea once and just about lost my mind.

Araignee said...

Blogger has been so weird lately. I expect one day for us all to disappear. Wouldn't that be sad.

Nance said...

I don't moderate comments until they are older than a couple of weeks. That setting seems to do the trick for me. Once in a while, a couple get stuck in Spam, but it's not often.

Using an Isaac Mizrahi yarn with a sparkly scatter, I made a simple shawl for a gift. I'm putting off steam blocking it--successfully thus far!--but its time is coming.

Your links do not show as a different colour in my browser (Chrome), and I thought I was missing pictures or my Faculties for a minute there! Glad it was neither. Sigh.

And I can add yet another vote for James Taylor's Christmas album. His voice is so comfy.