02 October 2019

After An Unravelling ...

Hello and thank you for your kind comments and wishes yesterday for my nephew Chad.  He is really a good guy and I do wish I could see him more often.  Fortunately, I get pretty current reports about him and his family, as I talk to his mom nearly every weekend.

Today I'm joining up with Kat and others for Unraveled Wednesday.  You may remember a few weeks ago, when I mentioned that I did actually have to unravel a portion of my Pabaig, when I realized I had misread the pattern.  Well that was annoying, but it was also my own mistake, and fortunately I discovered it when ripping back was not as traumatic as it could have been!

Long story short, it didn't take long to get back on track, and now I'm really close to being finished!


The shoulders are joined together, and I'm working on the funnel neck.  Once that is knit, just the sleeves and weaving in ends will be left to do before blocking it.  Theoretically, it will be finished and wearable during this fall, which was the original plan.  But as I mentioned to Valerie, fall comes every year, so it will be worn at some point.

Even if it was completely ready to go today, I'm not going to be wearing it when it is 96 degrees and humid like it is supposed to be in Philadelphia.  Except for the fact that it sounds like this is the last terrible day, I would be really upset.  

So that's the knitting.  :-)

Reading-wise, I'm about halfway through this one:


This is the third book in the series, and I like it much better than the second one.  I feel like I know these characters so well at this point, sometimes I want to call them and say, "Well WHY would you do/say that??"  I'm curious to find out where this one leaves off.

*****

Today is also bittersweet, as three years ago today, we adopted our Jack.


Since I had missed celebrating his estimated birthday earlier this year due to so many other [stupid] things going on, I was planning to celebrate today, the anniversary of when he joined the family.  As you know, that won't be happening, at least not the way it was supposed to happen.  And I feel terrible about that, but there isn't a thing I can do to change it.  I feel cheated that we didn't even get to have three whole years with him, and I still miss him like crazy, but I'm glad he isn't suffering, and he was such a wonderful, joyous boy and added so much love and happiness to our lives, that I am grateful he was here at all.  Tonight we will have a celebratory brownie topped with ice cream to celebrate his short time here on earth, and send him even more love.  Please remember to hug and kiss your loved ones in honor of Jack today.  You'll be glad you did.  :-)

7 comments:

Dee said...

Giroux sends you some hugs.

Such a rough beginning for your special Jack. But, he had just the BEST life with you.

Araignee said...

Sweet Jack.
It takes so long to get over the loss of a pet. I'm still walking around with a heavy heart from all of last year's terrible goodbyes. It's one thing to say goodbye to a pet that's lived a long and happy life and another to feel cheated and angry. That's how I feel about my parrot. She should still be here. My house is too quiet and clean without her. I hate it.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

We had a disgusting day of humidity yesterday but a big storm came through and we're back to proper fall again.

Shirley said...

So sad that your sweet Jack did not get to have a long life with your family. They leave such huge holes in our hearts. I am glad he was able to have the good time that he did with you.

AsKatKnits said...

I have tears in my eyes reading about dear Jack. Sherman and I both send all our love (and Pug kisses, which are simply the best) but I feel that wherever Jack is is infinitely better because he is there.

Love to you on this day xoxo

Kym said...

Jenny and JoJo send their love (and they're getting plenty from me, too!). XOXO

Nance said...

Dear Jack! He certainly did give you the best he had. It was a good match all the way around.

Glad to hear about your pretty red sweater. This hideous weather cannot last forever; you'll wear it yet!