25 October 2019

On Its Witchy Way!

Friday - YAY!!!  This week has been a looooonnngg one, topped off today with my Performance Review at work.  Even when it's all good, it's just such a tedious series of events, and it's even more frustrating when you have already been informed that there will be no raises, and not even a cost of living adjustment this year.  :-(

Ugh.

BUT - still, it's Friday and in a few hours, I can wend my way home for the weekend, which will be a long one for me since I am taking off Monday for our wedding anniversary.  Nice!

In any event, moving on.

As mentioned, I did finish the cross-stitch project I had been making for my niece Amanda, and I am beyond pleased with the result:

(unblocked)

It was so much fun to stitch, and went quickly once I actually got going on it.  I had originally been worried that I had started too late to get it to her for this Halloween, but because it was primarily words rather than a "picture" so to speak, it zipped right along!

Last week, I found what I thought and hoped would be the perfect frame for it, and at least to me, I think it looks even better than I was expecting:

(Yes, my photo is crooked.  Work with me, people!)

Seriously, though, is it not just perfect??  We saw a black frame with a white mat first, and that would have been OK, but then I saw the black matted one, and figured that would be so much better - and it is!  

And so, it is being mailed this morning and will be on winging (brooming?) its way to Baltimore by the time you read this.  I'm hoping it arrives by Tuesday at the latest, but I have no control over that part, so I'm not going to agonize.

It always makes me so happy when something I had in mind turns out the way I had pictured it.  A lot of times, the end result is close, but in this case, it all worked out EXACTLY as I had it in my brain.

Which is a nice way to end a week, and start a weekend.  Tomorrow morning is the Mutt Strut (and you can still donate if you like, here!  [I think you can still donate for up to a week after the event.]), and fortunately the start of the day is supposed to be sunny and pleasant.  I know it will be fun, and I'm sure Hamlet will make his way to everyone to be petted, since that is his M.O. 

Other than that, no big weekend plans.  Of course the usual will happen, and I'm hoping to make some progress on some of my gift knits.  I'll probably also watch the Kristy Glass "Tell Us About Your Rhinebeck Sweater" video, which always entertains (and often amazes) me.  As I said, Monday is our wedding anniversary, so we'll be discussing where to go for dinner, which could easily take the entire weekend, since a) we can never remember the places that we said, "We should try that one," and b) we tend to decide, change our minds a hundred times, and then end up where we started out.  

I hope you have a lovely weekend, and have the chance to spend at least a little bit of time doing whatever *you* would like to do.  See you next week!

******

P.S.  The other day, I got a ton of "Undeliverable" messages that were responses to comments from some of last week's posts.  So please know, I was not ignoring you, the messages just didn't go through for whatever reason.   It seems to be OK now, so fingers crossed that continues.

10 comments:

Nance said...

Your stitchery project did, indeed, turn out perfectly. It makes a lovely gift. Have a Happy Anniversary, wherever you may end up, and enjoy this weekend. It sounds like it will be a pleasant one.

karen said...

lovely stitching and what a bummer about not getting any raises at all.. Boo.

AsKatKnits said...

That turned out so perfectly! I love your stitching! Have a great weekend and have a happy anniversary!

Kim in Oregon said...

Absolutely perfect! I may need to stitch one for me.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's absolutely perfect! It's so nice when a craft comes together like that!

KSD said...

All my buddies are showing beautiful stitching! I may have to put down my knitting. . .

Shirley said...

Happy anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful celebration/weekend. The stitchery project is definitely perfect. The black frame and black mat are also perfect. Don't think you could have found anything that would be more beautiful together. What a great surprise for your niece.

Kym said...

Absolutely perfect, Bridget! I love it -- and I'll bet your niece will, too. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to hear all about the Mutt Strut. That sounds like so much fun. XO

Araignee said...

Your stitch finish is just perfect!!! I am always impressed when a project gets framed. Mine never seem to....lol.

sprite said...

Your embroidery looks so awesome, and I know your niece is going to love it!

Happy anniversary to you and The Tim!