11 November 2019

Last Gift Pair - an FO Post

OK, so it's just a matter of time until something happens that will either a) make me look like a fool, or b) kick me in the butt.   Why, you ask?  Because I am feeling pretty darn pleased with myself.  Over the weekend, I finished the last pair of socks that need to be sent as Christmas gifts.  


Project:  Zach's House Socks
Pattern:  Vanilla sock pattern, with bands of color added
Needles:  US size 5
Yarn:  Encore Worsted, in the colorways, Red, Navy, and Denim
Modifications:  I made the "fancy" navy pops have a serrated ridge by doing them in slip stitches for the first round of the color change.
Notes:  My niece told me that Zach is particularly fond of reds and blues.  Since I had the most red yarn, I decided that would be the main color.  Haha, said Fate.  I ran out of the red right before the last couple of rows before the blue bands near the toes!  Nothing like having to order more yarn for a scrap project, right? 

But they are finished, and I hope he'll like them and that they will fit.  In any case, all of the knitted gifts for people other than The Tim are now finished, so I'm happily ahead of things that way.

How are you coming along with knitted gifts (if you are in fact knitting any gifts at all)?

9 comments:

Araignee said...

Whoo hoo!!!! I've got nothing going for gifts this year but I do have a pair of man socks for The Mister on the needles. He'll get them when I am good and ready to finish them. Lol...no pressure here.

karen said...

Well congrats on finishing all the socks! I just decided to make all the adult kids hats and while I was itching to do fingering I decided to switch to worsted so I can bang them out fast!

kathy b said...

I knitted the gift skirt for Al. I knitted the gift hat for my friend Mark. . I Knitted a gift hat for Al's pal Jen. SO none of them Holiday gifts, but gifts nonetheless!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Fabulous socks! I hate it when you run out right on the very end... but it's way worse on a scrap project!!!
My "must-do" knitting for Christmas is now done. Now I'm just working on "bonus" projects. Dave's socks... scrunchies for the girls, some dishtowel toppers for Dave's grandma... maybe an ornament or two if I have time.

Shirley said...

Those socks are just wonderful and you should feel very pleased with yourself. How great that you have so much accomplished for the holidays. Hope today is a holiday from work for you and you are enjoying a pretty fall day. It's just wonderful here today though rain and colder tomorrow. That just makes today more special.

Dee said...

they look great and now you have some more red scraps for something else. See, it was a WIN!

Vera said...

I love those socks! My gift knitting is coming along so slowly! LOL

KSD said...

Nothing on the needles for anyone here, but I have been asked to finish a sweater for friends of a cousin. It was started by their late mother, and they would like to see it done. In time for Christmas.

Kym said...

LOVE the stripes! And . . . no gift knitting for me this year. (Some years I do; some years I don't.) XO