07 November 2019

Would You Rather ...

I was just listening to a book podcast, and the person hosting it was reading the results of questions she had asked her listeners beginning with "Would You Rather," and it was really interesting and fun to hear.  Of course, her questions dealt exclusively with books, but I decided to give it a try based on fibery stuff as well as other stuff.  So here you go.  Please play along if you are so inclined.  :-)

Would You Rather?

Knit   OR   Crochet?

Knit.  I would like to learn to crochet, but I would be surprised if I ever liked it better than knitting.

Read  OR  Exercise?

Read.  Even though the answer should be Exercise ...

Walk   OR  Run?

Walk.  I love walking and walk most places.  I have tried running a few different times, but my knees objected strongly.

Eat something salty  OR  Eat something sweet?

Sweet.  

Do you like to knit with other people  OR  Do you like to knit by yourself?

I don't mind knitting with other people, but I generally prefer to be by myself regardless of what I may or may not be doing.

Socks  OR  Hats?

Socks.  I like hats, but at some point you can have too many hats, and I for one never have too many socks.

Design patterns   OR   Dye yarn?

I think it would be fun to design a pattern that people liked.  I don't think I would enjoy dyeing yarn on any regular basis.

Cook   OR   Bake?

Bake.  I love to bake.  I like cooking, but baking is more fun for me.

Sandwich   OR  Salad?

Sandwich - mainly because it involves bread, one of my favorite food groups.

Knit with bright colors   OR   Knit with dark colors?

Bright colors - it's easier for me to knit day or night with them.  When I use dark colors, it's really hard to enjoy at night if the light isn't just perfect.

OK - now it's your turn!  :-)

6 comments:

Lilly's Mom said...

Wow, funny thing is my answers are the same as yours except...I first taught myself to crochet add I got so bored with it, I taught myself to knit. I hope you are staying warm and cozy with the cold weather.

Nance said...

I'd rather knit. I can't hold the yarn comfortably for crochet.
Read, although I enjoy taking a nice walk, my preferred exercise.
Oh, ha ha. I do NOT run.
I like salty snacks and sweet snacks; depends what I'm in the mood for.
I prefer to knit alone; distractions make errors.
I don't wear hats, but I don't knit socks!
Dyeing yarn doesn't interest me, but I don't have the skill to design a pattern.
I prefer cooking. Baking requires so much more precision and accuracy. I like to wing it.
Although I adore bread too, I prefer salads.
I like knitting in bright colors--so much more cheerful.

Araignee said...

Knit.
Read.
Walk.
Salty.
By myself.
Socks.
Dye.
Cook.
Sandwich.
Bright.
Wow...it's pretty obvious from my answers that I've become a lonely old slug! Lol....

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Knit OR Crochet?
Knit. Crochet hates me and I hate it back.

Read OR Exercise?
Read. Unless exercising is something fun that doesn’t feel like exercising… like hiking or swimming or dancing.

Walk OR Run?
Walk. If I’m running, you better be running too, because it means something bad is chasing me. Of course, my ankles tend to give out when I run, so I’d probably just be eaten.

Eat something salty OR Eat something sweet?
That is tough…. If I had to choose… sweet.

Do you like to knit with other people OR Do you like to knit by yourself?
Probably by myself. Knitting with people is ok, but if I’m with people and knitting, it’s usually because its boring (ie family gathering at the in-laws), or I’m visiting an knitter friend, and the knitting is really secondary to the conversation.

Socks OR Hats?
Socks. I love hats, but I usually wear my hair up, making hat wearing a challenge. (You can only have so many bun hats)

Design patterns OR Dye yarn?
Dye yarn. While I love designing, writing the patterns can be a lot of work. Dyeing is work too, but it’s messy creative work.

Cook OR Bake?
Bake. I’m much better in the kitchen when sugar is involved.

Sandwich OR Salad?
Salad. I am not a big fan of sandwiches – with a few exceptions, I usually eat my sandwiches deconstructed.

Knit with bright colors OR Knit with dark colors?
Totally depends on what I’m knitting. Though now that I’m almost 40, I’m starting to understand why dark colours can be a challenge.

Vera said...

Fun questions Bridget!

1. Knit. I used to crochet, but I've forgotten how.
2. Read...but I really SHOULD exercise.
3. Walk/hike. No running for this old body - lol.
4. Salty or Sweet? BOTH, but if I have to pick just one, probably salty
5. I knit more on my own, but I do enjoy getting together with people (you!! Dee!!) at coffee shops to knit...but I do more talking then.
6. Socks - can never have too many
7. Probably neither. I have designed a few things and it's been fun, but I would not want to design with the thought of publishing.
8. Cook or Bake? Both! Cooking is easier - easier to just wing it, but I do enjoy both.
9. Sandwich. Love the carbs!!
10. Bright colors are so cheerful! I haven't had a hard time with dark colors though (which really surprises me).

Dee said...

Knit OR Crochet? Knit

Read OR Exercise? Read, but like you, I really SHOULD exercise more.

Walk OR Run? I would prefer to RUN, but right now I have to be happy with just being able to walk.

Eat something salty OR Eat something sweet? Sweet.

Do you like to knit with other people OR Do you like to knit by yourself?

Knit by myself.

Socks OR Hats? Socks.

Design patterns OR Dye yarn? Design a pattern. I have a few on Ravelry that are free.

Cook OR Bake? Neither. Go out to dinner and then hit the bakery on the way home.

Sandwich OR Salad? Salad with a roll on the sie.


Knit with bright colors OR Knit with dark colors? Bright colors