14 April 2020

Easter Weekend

Hello everyone - I hope all of you had a good holiday weekend of your choice, or if you do not celebrate any of the spring holidays, I hope you had a good weekend overall. 

Our weekend was very nice, but also very different than usual.  This is usually the weekend that my niece Amanda and her husband Patrick come for a visit.  Besides just general hilarity, good eats and drinks, and going to Easter Mass together, we create our masterpieces of Inappropriate Easter Eggs.  So Easter weekend is generally a weekend that is just a blast.

This year, it was a lot quieter.  Needless to say, *no one* was coming to visit other than a certain Bunny, and we were only going out when necessary - walking the dog, The Tim made a run to the grocery store on Thursday.  But we still had a good time however we could. 

On Saturday, I spent another couple of hours sewing two more masks for us (so that we wouldn't have to be sure the ones we had were dry before going out again!), this time using ties made from old t-shirts.


Let me tell you, they are somewhat more comfy than the tape ties, but they needed serious trimming, since they were soooooo long.  ;-)  But this time, they were started and finished pretty quickly, unlike my first go-round which took a really long time.  This time I knew exactly what was involved, so there was not as much time spent making mistakes.

Later on Saturday afternoon, we colored eggs.  They turned out really well, and they are pretty, but without our usual partners in crime, they were just the usual types of Easter eggs.  It was fun dyeing them and personalizing them, no matter what.

When we woke up on Sunday, everyone was pleased to see that the Easter Bunny had in fact been able to make a visit!


Always a good way to start the day.  I watched Easter Mass on TV, while The Tim made us a yummy breakfast, and then we had a Zoom get-together with Amanda and Pat so we did get to see them and have some laughs.  The rest of the day we just relaxed, and The Tim made a nice Easter dinner as well.  So though  it was a little weird and extremely low-key, it was nice and we were able to be together. 

Not a lot else is new.  Yesterday was a pouring rain, heavy wind day, and fortunately today is sunny, though not that warm.  But it's so nice to see the sunlight after yesterday's deluge.  We have an all-staff Zoom meeting at 2:00, where we will get updates on what is happening with our schedules, and if any big changes like layoffs or salary reductions will be coming.  The only good thing about those meetings is that the CEO is a stickler for having them only last an hour.  I have another section meeting tomorrow afternoon, and then a dept meeting on Thursday morning.  I realize they want to stay in touch and keep everyone on top of things, but most of the meetings are a bigger waste than usual because no one has anything new of different that we are doing or trying to do.  But I guess meetings are the bane of existence whether you are at home or working from home!

I'm going to sign off now so I have some time to myself before I have to get back to the computer.  I hope all of you are well, and hanging in there.  See you again soon!

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Your Easter goodies look wonderful! I had to make do with a bag of Starburst jelly beans I got from Amazon. I ordered chocolate but it's been over three weeks now so I doubt it's coming. The country must be living on chocolate and ramen because I haven't been able to get any delivered. I'm down to eating my old bag of chocolate chips left over from Christmas...lol.

Dee said...

Hope the news from work is good news.

WendyKnits said...

The head of our agency has directed all managers to have daily check-ins, one-on-one, with their team, which is nearly impossible, but a nice idea. I have a temporary boss right now as we are recruiting for that position, and we have settled into a nice routine where she checks in with me and one of my co-workers together. My co-worker and I work very closely together and feel the same way about a lot of things, so this is always fun and we spend most of the time making snarky comments and cheering up our temp boss (who did not sign up to be boss during a pandemic!). I check in with my team every day as well -- they are full-time telework so this is normal work situation for them, more or less. We always enjoy talking to each other, so that is a highlight of the day. Then, of course, are the many, many WebEx meetings throughout the day.

Kym said...

I'm glad the Easter bunny made it to your house, Bridget. I'm really missing your inappropriate eggs, though. :-)

Nance said...

These meetings count as work, which means $$, so count it as a good thing, I guess. And you can always pretend to take notes, but instead be writing or doodling your real feelings or snarky limericks.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Glad the Easter bunny made it to your place.
My Easter bunny is hoping to find some discount chocolate on grocery day!

karen said...

Happy Easter! Our Easter was too quiet but I loved how easy it was to cook and clean with only two people :)