16 September 2020

One Down and a New Book Started

Here we are again, for Unraveled Wednesday with Kat and others.  Be sure to visit the link if you are curious about what everyone else is making and reading.  

I'm pleased because this week I have a HO (Half-finished Object) to show you:


This is the first of a pair of socks that I am making as a birthday gift for The Tim.  I was so happy to have the first sock off the needles that I immediately took a picture, which is the reason it looks so misshapen and lumpy.  But I am so pleased with it nonetheless.  I cast on the second sock last night, and managed to knit the cuff before tiredness took over.  But I'll be able to get some more done today, and have no doubt these will be ready for his birthday in November.

I started a new book, by an author who is new to me, and so far, I'm really enjoying it.


I heard about this author here, and decided to see if I could find her books.  Fortunately (and somewhat surprisingly) my library had the e-book, and there was no waiting list, so as you can imagine, I checked it out right away.  I am sad to know that the author has brain cancer, because at least based on this book, she has a lot of good writing in her.

In other news, I finished the last of the hats I was making for my niece and her family for Christmas, so I'll have a post about that coming up soon.  I'm very pleased with how they all turned out, and even more pleased that four gifts are finished!

I hope your reading and making is going well, and that wherever you are, the weather is as lovely there as it is here today.  

8 comments:

Dee said...

Pretty sock.

Araignee said...

Great sock!!! I love those stripes.

Kym said...

YAY for having the first sock completed! :-)
We've been having a week of lovely fall days here. Cool-ish and very pleasant! The perfect September weather.
XO

Jane said...

Great stripes in those socks. Sounds like you are making a dent in Christmas knitting too.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Love the colours of the sock! Good luck with the second one - I am always terrible at doing the second one!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Excellent sock!

karen said...

Tim is one lucky man! Love the striping and the new read.

Lorette said...

Lovely socks! John would be too embarrassed to wear socks that color, though I’m working on him. OTOH, it keeps him out of my drawer of wildly colored socks.