11 September 2020

I've Made a One-Time Exception, For a Good Reason

If you know me, you know that I really really really really cannot stand the f-word.  I get so sick of hearing it all of the time, but realize that most people now use it regularly without even thinking.  I won't go into further detail here about my feelings, but I am writing to let you know that I have made a one-time exception.


Around the beginning of April, I saw that a company called Lipslut was planning to produce this lipstick.  I preordered six of them - one for me, one for a dear friend whose mother recently died from Covid-19, and one for each of my nearby nieces (geographically speaking).  They finally arrived earlier in the week, and I just returned from a trip to the post office to mail them.  Inside each package, I enclosed this note:

Dear _____:
I preordered these, and they were supposed to arrive in July, but like everything else, they were delayed due to the pandemic.

Unlike Trump, these lipsticks are:
  • cruelty-free
  • good for all skin tones
  • proceeds go to Black Lives Matter
Wear with pride, and VOTE!!!
Love, Bridget

According to the person at the post office, they should all arrive on Monday - I'll be happy if they just arrive before the election!

But in any case, I am pleased to have purchased these and spread the word.  Sometimes an exception is worthwhile. 😊

Should you care to own one yourself, they are currently available here.  You can choose where you would like your donation to go, though the Black Lives Matter choice was only available during preorders.

For anyone who finds this offensive, I apologize for the [implied] language of the product, but not for the sentiment, as I find the man and his entire family and administration abhorrent.  So you may want to stop following the blog anyway.

******

In other news, they are currently digging up our street to resurface it.  On the one hand, this is good news (despite the NOISE), because it has been in really bad shape!  On the other hand, being in bad shape kept drivers from speeding through when using it for a shortcut.  We have lived in our house now for nearly 30 years (!) and they have never touched the street during that time.  I told The Tim that I think 2 things are happening: 1) the city has it on their schedule that every 50 years, they resurface our street, and 2) since our street is only one block long, they can do it in only a few days, and still mark it as a street that has been fixed for their statistics.  😏

I hope all of you have a good weekend.  I am going to try go get myself together a bit more - those couple of weekends when I didn't feel well threw me off entirely.  

See you next week.  Take care.

15 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

I think I need to order that lip stuff... pronto! LOL (and your note... perfect!)

Araignee said...

I LOVE them!!!
I share your sentiments completely and am very happy to say that our little beach town is crawling with Biden signs where Trump signs used to be. My favorite one said:
Person
Man
Woman
Vote
Biden

I had to laugh out loud at that one.

Denise Fordyce said...

Saw a teenage boy the other day who was wearing a bright red hoodie....on the back was written, in very large letters, "Fuck 2020 Club". Now I hate the word as much as you do, but it did make me laugh and I asked him if I could join his club!

Dee said...

I wish they would come fix MY street.

The bumps in front of my house make for some interesting sleeping conditions.

Anonymous said...

I’m going to order a bunch pronto. You can be forgiven for using the f word in this case.

Nance said...

Oh, what a great exception you made! Your note enclosure was perfect as well. Love it.

Your street project is identical to my experience. We lived on our little avenue for thirty years before we finally got on the resurfacing list. And that was after all the streets around us got done!

steph said...

yep...you are singing to the choir here....love this!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love it!

KSD said...

Street maintenance here is rather a joke. There were new yellow divider lines painted on this street a while back that weren't even needed. Meanwhile, the road you turn onto out of the neighborhoos is covered with potholes. (Wait, can you be covered with something that goes below ground? Anyway, you know what I mean.)

kathy b said...

love it. And when streets get resurfaced.....ugh. The dust! But , it should help in the long run!

Mereknits said...

I might have to order those, and that word is not near as offensive as our current administration. Stay safe.

Caffeine Girl said...

I love those lipsticks. I don't love the F word, especially because I hear it from too many young people, but I think you made an excellent exception!

Kym said...

LOVE!!!! :-)
I think the "F" word is SO overused. (SO.) But I also think a well-placed "F-bomb" is perfect in some circumstances. And this is certainly one of them!
XO

karen said...

if we met for tea and knitting, I would do my best to curtail my 'f' bombs :) My gram was the best at strategically placing the f word much to everyone's surprise!! Grandmothers are not supposed to talk like that.

Amanda said...

It is the only appropriate word for the entire vile, selfish, crooked, depraved family.