01 September 2020

Tiny Needle, Tiny Progress

Sigh.  I have not worked on my cross-stitch for a couple of weeks.  Most of the time, I spend time with it on Saturdays.  But on Saturday two weeks ago, I didn't feel that great, and this past Saturday, I got involved in other things.  I did however, make a tiny bit of progress on it one day last week.  So here is my tiny contribution to Tiny Needle Tuesday.


As you can see in the above photo, I got the little book outlined, and the "pages" stitched, and was able to start on the border.  The border is tricky, because not only is there a lot of backstitching involved, but the color keeps changing.  So for this it will be slow and steady, but I think I'll be happy with it when it's finished.

I'd like to finish it by the end of September, because I have some Halloween-themed projects and I think it would be fun to work on one of those during October.  We'll see.  As far as cross-stitch is concerned, I'm a monogamous stitcher.  I like to concentrate on one thing, and finishing it before getting involved with another project.  

And now that September is here, it's time to start concentrating on this a bit more so that I can finish it!

*****
I have nothing interesting or exciting to report.  The weekend was fine, with pretty nice weather.  We ended up staying put because for whatever reasons, both of us had trouble sleeping on both Friday and Saturday nights, so we were kinda wiped out both days.  I did manage to take Hamlet for a longer than usual walk late Sunday morning, and we met a couple of elderly ladies sitting outside a coffee shop who made a major fuss over him, so I think he may have enjoyed that even more than a trip to the park!

Here's hoping that this week and this month will be good to all of us.

8 comments:

Vera said...

Nice stitching Bridget! So good that Hamlet had a fuss made over him...always a nice thing!

Nance said...

Progress is progress. The finished sampler will be perfect for you. I like it, too, as a book lover.

Glad you changed your plans so that you could try to rest more over the weekend. It's no use forcing a Good Time if you're tired.

KSD said...

Cross-stitch going on here, too. Needles all over the place!

Araignee said...

My stitching time has disappeared for some reason too. Even in isolation I can't seem to carve out more than a very few minutes to myself and stitching is something I have to have plenty of time for and a clear head. I can't stop and start or else it's a disaster.

Alison said...

It's all this not knowing what is around the corner that causes our mojo to wander off. At least here it is spring and the stirrings of nature bring joy. I guess over there autumn brings sighs of relief from your relentless heat. I have discovered Redwork so find that mindless stitching quite cathartic.

Lovely Hamlet, who wouldn't fuss over him!

Kim in Oregon said...

I try to be monogamous--I have one counted XS that I haven't worked on for two years and then try to just have one other embroidery project that I work on. Oh except for now. OK I try but I fail to be monogamous.

kathy b said...

Books sweet books, My Allison would love that

karen said...

I hate when I don't sleep well. Last night I was chased by a bear! (in my dreams!) I was exhausted this morning from the ordeal. lovely stitching hope you get time for it.