21 September 2020

A Quick Little FO Post

Hello on a cool and sunny morning.  I'm getting ready to head out for a Covid-19 test bright and early today.  We are required to get one before returning to work (though I have been back at work since the beginning of August, so timing??).  Fortunately, I have no symptoms, so I just need to have it checked off the list for my file.

The weekend was nice, nothing elaborate one way or another.  Our hearts are broken with the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who was a heroine in this house.  And though she does belong to all of us, I really wish that her family could at least have her to themselves in death.  It was somewhat of a cloud on the weekend, but I am also grateful that any suffering she experienced is over.  I am also very grateful that I lived in a world where she lived.

In any case, I stuck to my knitting and ended up with an FO!  Granted, it was a quick knit to start, but I had not originally planned to start and finish something over the course of a single weekend.

(front)

Project:  Jan's Headband
Pattern:  Lisa Headband, by Birgitte Reiten (Ravelry link)
Needles: US size 4, 6
Yarn:  Various fingering weight yarn leftovers, held together to make DK weight 
Modifications:  I used this pattern for the basic stitch counts, and for the help with making increases/decreases that worked more seamlessly in appearance.  
Notes:  This was a really quick knit - I started it on Saturday afternoon, finished it Saturday evening, blocked it and joined the ends to finish it on Sunday.  Originally, I planned to follow the pattern as written, but it was so vague and confusing that I decided to work with the numbers only.  

(back - not perfect mattress stitch, but not too awful)

This is a Christmas gift for the daughter of a niece's partner.  She is a preteen, so she may not even be interested, but then again, I know I see lots of girls her age and older wearing these headbands instead of hats when it gets cold, so maybe she'll actually use it.  But no matter what, it pleases me to have another gift made and ready to go.

That's all for now.  Off to get my stuff together and walk over to my testing site.  I hope this week treats all of us well.  I for one, am excited that tomorrow is the first day of autumn!!

8 comments:

karen said...

good luck and hope you pass the test!!

Nance said...

Another gift made! Nicely done. I, for one, wear headbands instead of hats. I dislike the way hats mash my hair down or make it staticky.

Araignee said...

I used to wear my handknit headband to the rink all the time and ended up making a bunch for the kids who asked me for one. They are really handy when you are wearing a messy bun.

Kim in Oregon said...

Delightful colors there!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Cute headband! That's something my neices would like so I bet it will be a hit.

KSD said...

Hang in there. Loving you much.

Dee said...

Happy first day of Autumn!!!

Congrats on a finish too!

kathy b said...

Headbands are great gifts. I never make them and I should. RBG was an icon