26 April 2021

Reader, I Did Finish the Sleeves

I hope you had a good weekend, whatever you did or did not do.  Ours was quiet, but with some smallish things done around the house, so it was not all laziness!

As I mentioned in a post last week, I was hoping that by the end of the week, I could get the sleeves knit on the sweater I've been making.  BTW, I was amused by some comments about my "purple" sweater - I know it looked purple in the photos, but that is my lack of photographic ability.  It's actually a dark navy blue, which is incredibly difficult to capture when you are a point and shoot impatient person like me.  

Anyway, I had worked on the second sleeve and got to the point where I was so close to finishing, that I told myself I couldn't work on any other project until the sleeve was an entire sleeve, including being bound off.   So Saturday morning I got started, and by Saturday afternoon (there were several interruptions and breaks), I had accomplished my goal.

(and see - here it looks like it's a black sweater!)

I am so pleased with this project!  It's taken me a lot longer that I would have liked, with interruptions for holiday knitting, and just plain ignoring it off and on, but I have tried it on several times along the way, and it fits just the way I was hoping it would.  

I'm going to try to get the collar added so that I can weave in the ends, block it, and have a finished sweater happily waiting for me when it gets cold again next fall and winter.  In theory, I would do it right away, and it would be completed, but I've set so many goals for this project that I've either missed or ignored, I'm just going to say it will be finished whenever I show you that it's finished ... 😊

******
I also worked on a pair of socks that I've started, but otherwise did some reading, and managed to put some things away (finally) that have been sitting around "to get to next weekend" for about 4 months (!)  

The Tim has been working hard on replacing some rotted wood planks on our deck, so I tried to work indoors, to make sure I was out of the way.  It's getting to the time when I want to start cleaning out the garden, so I want to plan that out.  I had this grand plan that we could get ourselves a small, portable fire pit for the garden.  I thought it would be nice, since we could then enjoy the garden longer in the year, and it would also help to destroy my nemeses, mosquitoes.  The Tim was on board, but then he did a check to see if fire pits were permitted in the city.  And they are, but they have to be at LEAST 16 feet away from any structure.  When you live in a rowhouse in the city, and the garden is only the size of a rowhouse, it's not 16 feet away from anything!  So that plan fell through.  

OK, I'll admit that a lot of the appeal was getting rid of mosquitoes, so back to the drawing board there.

To be honest, I'm still wrapping my head around it being the last week of April - I'm not dreading May or anything, but I just feel like April has a ways to go.  I do have to say that I completely approve of April's weather - it's been truly spring-like, with cool days, warm days, rainy days, and just plain nice days and nights - you know, like spring used to be.  I hope it will last for a while before the ick of summertime arrives, but I'm not in control of any of that, so I'll just enjoy it while I can.

Nothing else to report.  Here's hoping this end of April week will treat us well.

5 comments:

Araignee said...

Congrats on the sweater finish! I am dealing with second sleeve (and first sleeve for that matter) syndrome myself at the moment.

Dee said...

Congrats on the finish. Purple is hard to photograph in any manner.

We can't have a firepit either. Rules say 15' from any structure or combustible material. We are 15' away from anything either and we have an almost 1/2 acre piece of property. (Trees are considered *combustible* ..... sheesh! Who knew WOOD would catch fire. :::wink::: )

Kym said...

I don't know why I hate knitting sleeves in the round as much as I do . . . but I do. So glad you completed yours! The sweater (in all its navy blue glory!) looks wonderful! And here's to a lovely, lingering Spring. XO

karen said...

I cannot believe that it is the end of April. Where do the days go? EEP. Lovely sweater, I"m working on a shawl in lace weight wool so the progress is s l o w.

Lorette said...

Nice sweater! We got a small Solo stove fire pit last year and love it. There are times we can’t use it due to burn bans though.