16 June 2021

Apropos of Nothing, I Cannot Stand Vladimir Putin

With President Biden getting ready to meet with Putin, I just have to say that Putin makes me ill and angry at the same time.  Just seeing photographs of his face make me stabby.  

I know you don't care, but I just had to get this out of the way.

On to happier things.

I decided today to join in with Kat and everyone for Unraveled Wednesday.  I have a book I'm getting ready to start, and a knitting project that is well underway, so why not?

Over the weekend, I finished a book called Standard Deviation, by Katherine Heiny, that I really enjoyed.  And then for once, there was good timing, as one of the holds I had placed at the public library came ready!  So today, I'll be starting this book, and I can't wait:

 
 
I really enjoy the Inspector Armand Gamache stories, and the little town of Three Pines and the characters who live there.  On a side note, I used to have a co-worker whose favorite kind of weather was hot and humid - I mean to the extremes.  She enjoyed mysteries, and I recommended this series to her.  She tried one, and told me she couldn't read it, because it took place in Canada, and that was just a place that is too cold and it made her uncomfortable.  Weirdo.

Knitting-wise, my summer top is coming along nicely:


I'm knitting this pattern, and I have to say, that it is very well-written so far, and a nice enjoyable knit.  Enough that you have to pay attention, but also a pattern where you can get into a rhythm once you really get started.  And if you know me at all, you know I'm enjoying knitting with this color, so it's a win-win kind of project.

Head on over the Kat's blog to see what others are reading and making.  😊

5 comments:

Nance said...

Pretty, pretty colour! And that lemony stitch marker is too cute.

KSD said...

Wait. . . WHAT? She does know it isn't required that she go to the place in the book to read the book, doesn't she?

WHAT?

Araignee said...

You made me laugh out loud twice. Putin is one really creepy dude in a sea of pretty creepy dudes. You have to wonder what is wrong with the human race that we like to vote for creepy dudes. There is no lack of them for sure.
And I had to laugh at your book reading friend even though I get it. I am also that suggestible. I am reading The Edge of Winter right now so I can cool off....lol.

Dee said...

Enjoy the book ...................and the knitting!

Okay .....crazy book lady . . . she can't even READ about cold??? Nutz!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That's going to be a lovely top. I love the colour you chose!