10 June 2022

Have a Relaxing Weekend

I'm glad today is Friday, even more than usual.  Of course, it's supposed to be a lovely weather day and most of us will be inside at work, which isn't fair, but it's also something out of our control.  Then the weekend here in Philadelphia is supposed to be kinda sorta OK, but with rain and showers both days.  Not that I had big plans, but it would be nice if the weekend days could be pleasant ones too.  Oh well!

My only weekend plans are kind of the usual things - some projects around the house, and in the garden if the weather cooperates when I'm in the mood to be working outside.  I want to organize a couple of crafty-type projects, so that I can actually start and/or work on them.  I decided on my walk to work this a.m. that on Sunday, I'll make a macaroni and cheese casserole for our dinner (The Tim is cooking on Saturday).  We like it, and since it takes a bit of time to organize and put together, it's easier to do on a weekend.

So whatever you have planned, I hope you will get a chance to relax as well.  Our crew is getting a headstart:




As you can see, there's a whole lotta stretchin' going on at our house!

Our new kitty, shown in the middle photo has now been renamed - the name we decided on is Alfie.  It was one of The Tim's suggestions, and it seems to fit him, at least to us.  I call him "Alfie Alfalfa" and The Tim calls him "Alfie Alphonse" and so he of course already has variations going on.  Everyone in our house always ends up with at least ten nicknames, often not in any way related to their actual given name, so why start doing something different now?? 😊

Whatever people around you call you, I hope your weekend is a good one!

9 comments:

Nance said...

No one can luxuriate like a cat. I'm always quite envious of my Marlowe and Piper when they stretch and reposition with little tiny mews of pleasure.

Enjoy your weekend with your reconfigured family. I hope they're all getting along famously and enjoying each other's company.

Ellen D. said...

Thanks! Hope you enjoy your weekend too!

Dee said...

Looks like Alfie has settled in like he's always been there.

Have a great weekend.

Araignee said...

Those are some comfy kitties!

Kim in Oregon said...

Alfie is a great name (and we have gazillions of nicknames for our pets too---our dog Comet gets called "Widget" more than Comet!). Looks like she's gotten used to life in Gen Pop!

Vera said...

Alfie is adorable and looks like he just belongs with the others.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Alfie is a perfect name, and he look right at home!

Helen Mathey-Horn said...

Makes me think of my brother Al...as a teenager, his friends were trying to figure out his 'full' name. They were all over the place with ideas from Alphonse to Alfred to Alice (musician at the time). No plain Alan for him. :)

sprite said...

Yay, Alfie!