14 November 2022

And So Today I'm Really Tired

Hello on a Monday that finally feels like November weather here in Philadelphia. As you have probably guessed if you have read this blog for any length of time, I'm here for it. 😀

This past weekend seemed to zip by, not that I was really busy with anything - well, work was busy yesterday, but Saturday was a nice and leisurely day. But it was kind of a rough weekend emotionally. For reasons I have not determined (and a lot of times can never determine), I was extremely anxious all weekend. The kind of anxiety that you feel underlies everything, even when you are having a day that is in no way nerve-wracking or anything like that. And then last night, I kept waking up having anxiety attacks and so got very little sleep. Ugh. 

Needless to say, I'm really tired today. Not tired enough to want to try and get some sleep before I go to work (tried that, and NOPE!), but just overall tired. I'm hoping that means that tonight I'll be so tired I'll get a decent amount of sleep. Only time will tell ...

***

The good news is that on Friday, I finished the last of the three gifts I was knitting!  Here's a sneak peek:


I still need to block it, and weave in/trim any ends that pop out after that, but that will get done later in the week, and it will be ready to send for Christmas! I'll admit I was hoping to have all these done before the end of October, but life intervened, and so they are now all finished before the end of November, which is still good in my book.

I may still knit something for The Tim for Christmas, but since I don't have to worry about mailing it, it's not as time-sensitive, and it's not like I'll suddenly decide to knit him an Aran sweater (he seldom wears anything very heavy, as unlike me, he's always warm to start with). So it's back to a project that was put away over the summer, and then onto maybe a pair of Christmas socks for me, and who knows what else?

I guess I'll just have to decide on something ... what a trial huh?

I hope this week is good to you. The Tim's birthday is coming up on Friday, so we'll be getting ready to be festive around here, as well as looking forward to CAKE - can you tell I'm really excited about that???

Take care, everyone, and if you are having cold weather now too, I hope you can stay warm.

6 comments:

Araignee said...

As a fellow anxiety sufferer I am sorry to hear you are going through a bout of it. I hate the way it just shows up out of nowhere. At least you've got cake to distract you. Cake is the cure for everything.

Kim in Oregon said...

My Tim's birthday is Sunday! He will be getting socks for Christmas, and they're done (my only gift knitting this year, save for a shawl I knit for myself and never wore so now I'm gifting it to a friend).

KSD said...

With you --- I broke out a hat and some mittens this weekend. Yay!

Happy Day to The Tim now, in case I forget on Friday.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love the colours in that shawl!

The cold weather hit us on Saturday. But I have to say, it's been kind of nice to pull out all my warm comfy sweaters!

Kym said...

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety woes. I hope you feel more settled and grounded again soon. XO And I love the shawl you've made for Amanda. The colors!!!! Such a cheering combination. Be gentle with yourself, Bridget.

Dee said...

Wishing Tim a very, very happy birthday. Cake is ALWAYS a good thing. :-)