01 November 2022

The Tim Is A Real Laff Riot

Hello and Happy November! I hope this month will treat you well - if nothing else, here in the U.S. we will be getting ready for Thanksgiving, which is frankly one of the best holidays, period.

This past Friday was our 44th anniversary. Because things have been kind of crazy around here lately, we agreed to just let it be low-key and enjoy some champagne on that evening, especially since on Saturday neither of us had to be up at any specific time, so if we were extra knocked out, no alarm was going to shock us into having to wake up early.

I thought you might enjoy seeing the card I received from The Tim.


Me: Well ... interesting.
The Tim: I didn't see any anniversary cards that I liked, so I got you this one.
Me: OK.
The Tim: Technically, it works both ways because today is the 3-week anniversary of your nose surgery.**
Me: Good call!

Don't get me wrong, I was laughing until I cried. But this is a very typical move on his part. My mother used to say it was good that we found each other, "because it saves two other people." 

I guess she knew what she was talking about ... 😀

**About that nose surgery - I'll write more about that soon, but I injured my nose and had to have it repaired, so to speak. But never fear, it is healing just fine and I'm doing well. I'm going to work, living my life, etc., so no worries. But if that hadn't happened, who knows what kind of card I would have received ... !

10 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Happy Anniversary! Your husband is a hoot! It is good that you two can laugh together! May you have many more years of love and laughter!

Araignee said...

That is funny-thoughtful and funny. Happy anniversary!

Kim in Oregon said...

Happy anniversary! It sounds like the perfect way to celebrate.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Lol... That's the kind of thing Dave would do... I've gotten some interesting cards over the years.

Dee said...

Happy 44th. Obviously, whatever it is . . . it is working. Hope you have a great 45th year to come.

Anddddddddddd.....get well soon.

Vera said...

Happy anniversary - we will ge 43 in May! Nose surgeries are NOT fun. Mine was a number of years ago and I'm still dealing with it!

Kym said...

Oh, I just love you guys. XO Happy Anniversary . . . and may you enjoy many, many more laugh-filled years together.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

44 years! WOW! Congratulations to you both!
Jillxo

Nance said...

"...it saved two other people."

The stuff your mother used to say cracks me up. I wonder if she would have said the same about her and your father.

Congratulations on your anniversary. May there be many, many more, and may you both Take It Easy.

karen said...

happy anniversary and as my cousin says 'there's a lid for every pot'. May you continue to laugh until you cry :)