22 November 2022

Celebrations and Plans

Before I go any further, I want to tell all of you who sent birthday wishes to The Tim how much he appreciated them. He was really touched, and also surprised that so many of you took time to write a Happy Birthday note.

Our birthday celebration was really enjoyable. We went to dinner early, because the place we were headed doesn't take reservations, and it was a Friday night, so we knew it could get ridiculously crowded. And I have to say we timed it just right - as we were leaving the restaurant, the line was out the door! 

The meal was yummy, and in a coincidental twist, our server was someone who worked with The Tim back when they both worked at the bookstore! It was one of those "what are the chances moments." Then we came home for presents and cake, all of which were a success. (Though my ganache was not as yummy as when The Tim makes it, but at least it worked, you know?) The TIm had bought a couple of things a few months ago, and gave them to me to wrap for his birthday, and I had bought a few things for him otherwise, and happily everything was something he liked and that fit. 

I had said I wondered what Alfie would think of our celebration. He was both mystified and cautious. Pip and Milo are of course old hands, and they know that the candles on the cake + singing = TREATS, ribbons, and boxes, so they are always on board. Alfie kind of stayed back at the beginning, but when the treats came out, he joined the gang, and then found a ribbon to chase. I think he enjoyed it, but it was clear he was more interested in watching everyone else to see what they did than he was in joining the fray. 

The rest of the weekend was relaxing and quiet, which is nice because we are now in the thick of Thanksgiving preparations. And things are picking up at work, with people coming in for yarn on Sunday so they could work on a project during their travels to see family and friends.

I finally decided what I wanted to knit for The Tim as a Christmas gift - I found some leftover Plucky Knitter yarn from the sweater I knit last year and got started on the Antler Toque (Ravelry link) for him. Last Thursday, in between loads of laundry, I got the brim started, while the Crazy Sock Lady kept me company. 😊 


I think it will be an enjoyable knit, as I really like knitting cables, and since it's worsted weight, it will likely move along quickly.

And that's what's happening around here. I hope if you are preparing, traveling, or whatever for the Thanksgiving holiday, that everything goes smoothly and that you can enjoy it all. And for the rest of you, I hope your week has started out on a good note and continues that way.

That's it for now, have a good one!

9 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Such a pretty pattern for the hat! That is going to look great. I wish I had your talent for knitting.
Glad the birthday went so well. I am hosting Thanksgiving and have all my food bought. Now I have to clean and cook everything. Hopefully it will go well. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I've knit the antler toque a few times. It's a great knit!

Dee said...

Antler Touque is a great hat.

Kim in Oregon said...

Sounds like a very successful birthday! Happy Thanksgiving!

Araignee said...

I've been knitting along to YouTube knitters a lot this week. Maybe it's the time change but I feel the need for company instead of an audiobook or a movie.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, The Tim and your furbabies!

karen said...

that wool looks squishy and soft! He's going to love it.

Kym said...

I'm so glad you had a lovely celebration for Tim. (I'm not surprised. You guys really do GREAT celebrations!) I thought of you this morning, when I realized it was Thanksgiving EVE. ;-) Enjoy your prep day. XO

Vera said...

I've made the Antler hat and it's a great pattern. Pretty yarn. Happy Thanksgiving!!

KSD said...

Maybe more than wonderful? Perfect.