23 December 2022

A Christmastime Doodle Dog

I've been busy today - had a haircut appt this morning, plus doing a couple of loads of laundry, and cleaning the house. Right now, I'm taking a little break, and only the first floor is left to clean, so that's definitely a good thing. And the only things left to wrap are some stocking stuffers, and the presents for the kitties, so things are well under control, even if those last two things happen tomorrow.

I'm glad I didn't have any plans otherwise today, because here in Philadelphia, it's pouring rain, and getting colder as the day goes on. I know a lot of you in other parts of the country are going through much worse, so I hope you manage to be OK.

One new thing to our decorations this year was provided by The Tim. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you have already seen this, so you can move along if you like. As I said there, it's not our Duggie or our Hammy, but The Tim made sure that this year we would still have a Christmas Doodle Dog in the house.


Isn't he a cutie? I love him so much, and needless to say, he gets lots of rubs from the cats! He seems pretty happy hanging out with us next to the Misfits Christmas tree. 😊

Yesterday when I was wrapping The Tim's presents, I did come close to a small meltdown. I think I've said before that it's hard to buy things for him, because there's nothing he really *needs* and he is one of those people who when he wants something, just goes ahead and buys it for himself. This year, he gave me three things and said to wrap them as gifts to him for Christmas. And I was wrapping things, and realized that there were only going to be two other gifts that would be surprises, one from me and one from the kitties. I felt so sad about that, I almost started to cry. But then as I was getting things organized, I realized that even if his gifts weren't all surprises, he would be getting things he would actually like to have! Nothing would need to be returned or even just kept to be nice. That's a good thing, right? I have to say, once I realized that, I felt a whole lot better about all of it. (Though I still like to give people gifts that will be a surprise, what can I say?)

And that's it for now. Time to finish this and head to the first floor for the last part of the holiday cleaning. I hope if you or any loved ones are traveling, that they will be safe and arrive unscathed. For those of you celebrating Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I hope it's wonderful in all the ways you hope it will be. And for those who do not celebrate, I hope you can have a nice, quiet cozy weekend.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

8 comments:

Araignee said...

This last minute stress is no fun. I'm going through it today. I've sent The Mister to the grocery store twice today already trying to get the stuff I need for the holiday weekend meals. It's just the two of us and I'm literally having a meltdown over what I should be cooking and when. Time to get out of the kitchen and go knit something.

Araignee said...

Oh, and I forgot to say I LOVE that doodle dog. We saw one like it at Homestead Gardens and I fell in love with it. I would have bought it in a second if it wasn't so $$$$.

Ellen D. said...

Hope you and the Tim have a happy Christmas! Best wishes for peace and joy in the New Year!

KSD said...

Awwww. . . This and the wreath. . . Merry Christmas Darling Bridget.

Kim in Oregon said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

Dee said...

A very cute Doodle Dog. He needs a name, cuz EVERYBODY needs a name.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I feel you. Dave gets hard to buy for every year, and I love to surprise him. But it's tough!

Love the doodle dog

karen said...

Merry Christmas!!