20 December 2022

Question: Is It "Popular Demand" When Only One Person Asks?

Answer: If you are me, the answer is Yes.

If you have read this blog for more than a minute, you likely have seen this photo every single year, one way or another:


This is the cardboard wreath that we bought the first year we were married, and which is always the first decoration for Christmas (taped to the door every December 1st) that gets pulled out and displayed. And every year I take a photo of it. So I have many photos of this cardboard wreath, on several different doors, depending on where we were living at the time.

This year, I thought, Well, everyone has seen it, probably ad nauseum, so although I took the photo, I didn't post it. But then in the comments from yesterday's post, Kim actually mentioned that she *needed* to see the wreath in order to really enjoy Christmas (OK, those weren't the exact words, but it was the meaning ... at least to me). 

So to Kim and any others who were missing this vital part of Christmastime, I hope this arrives in time for you to now enjoy the season. 😊

And for those who don't care, or are thinking "Ugh. AGAIN??" - maybe this will make you smile.

9 comments:

Ellen D. said...

I did not remember about the wreath but I think it is a lovely decoration and must bring back lots of happy memories for you.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love that wreath. It's the true embodiment of the spirit of Christmas.

kayT said...

I don't remember the wreath (old person, lousy memory) but I love the story behind it and I love seeing it, so thanks to Kim for encouraging you to post it again, and thanks for the memories!

Dee said...

NOW it is Christmas time.

We have a burlap Santa that I have had since I was 5. HE means Christmas time is here to us.

KSD said...

YAY! NOW it's Chrimmus.*

*Spelling from a very small child who once lived here.

Araignee said...

I love seeing everyone's holiday traditions and reading about how they came to be. We all have that weird quirky thing that's non-negotiable. I'm blogging about one of mine tomorrow.

Kim in Oregon said...

Well, I"m glad to see the wreath and had a moment when I thought 'huh, did I ask to see the wreath and I didn't remember?' but no, it's my twinnie Kim in Georgia who I am guessing is very happy now.

Kym said...

Okay. NOW it feels like Christmas! XO I love your wreath, Bridget. And I never tire of seeing it. (One thing about blogging . . . your traditions become everyone's traditions, y'know?)

karen said...

I remember and I love a retelling as well! Isn't that the best thing about a good story??