19 December 2022

[Not Signed], But Sealed And Delivered

Hello all, and I hope your Monday is going well. As you may have guessed with my frequent absences around here, I've been busy getting things ready to send, and also getting us ready for Christmas. All of us have been doing things that make it festive in our house, and we are nearly ready. The things that need to be done at this point are the last-minute things - you know, like putting away boxes, last-minute clean ups, and wrapping some gifts.

This fluffer has been enjoying investigating everything. Like the others, he enjoys the tree but is not at all interested in bothering it. Which is a relief, because who knows what his past life showed him? 


He's really funny though, because he has not quite mastered the art of the under-the-tree ambush. Pip and Milo are *not* surprised when he pops out to get them, because he manages to make sure it's always completely predictable.


We finished decorating our tree on Saturday, and we love it! It's kind of a skinny tree this year, but all decked out, it looks perfect to us.

Last night we attended a concert by the Philadelphia Boys' Choir and Mens' Chorale, which was just magnificent. I always especially get a charge out of watching the littler boys during the concert, as they have not yet gotten to the point of standing still the whole time, or being able to just have a benign facial expression. 

This coming Wednesday evening, we are going to the "Glorious Sounds of Christmas" concert by the Philadelphia Orchestra. It's an annual event, but we haven't gone for about six or seven years, so we're looking forward to it. They are of course a wonderful group of performers, and the concert is always just such a fun and enjoyable evening. 

And the good news is that all of the packages we had to mail are not just on their way, but most have already been delivered! As it turns out this year, most of what we were sending was both small, and did not weigh a lot, so having to pay to send them didn't break the bank. Win-win!

But you know what I failed to do? Take a photo of the completely finished and ready to go shawlette I made for my niece Amanda. Sigh. I'm sure I can get her to send me one once she has opened it, but seriously, what a rookie move!

I hope your Hanukkah/Christmastime/winter solstice season is moving along happily. Even if you don't celebrate a specific holiday, I hope you are enjoying the spirit of happiness and giving that is around us. Don't let the grinches get you down.

That's it for today. I need to do a couple of things before heading to the yarn shop for the day. Yesterday was almost eerily calm, so I'm wondering what today will be like. Last Monday was insane, not just for a Monday, but for any day. 

Take care of yourselves.

8 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Sounds like you are so organized and ready! I have lots to do but I am retired so I have lots of time to do it! I will host Christmas Eve and also Christmas dinner so I am making my lists (and checking them twice as they say)!
Hope your holidays are fun and full of joy!

Araignee said...

What a beautiful tree! I love when they are overflowing with memories. My cats don't seem too interested in mine this year either so I put a few of my precious glass ornaments on it for a change. I hope I won't come to regret it.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love a tall, skinny tree!

Dee said...

Your tree is beautifully festive.

Hope work isn't too, ummmmmmm worky? Have fun.

karen said...

Have a Merry Christmas!!

KSD said...

Where's the wreath on the door? My Christmas spirit can't reach its pinnacle without seeing Bridget's wreath.

Kim in Oregon said...

I was at our post office just now and things were also eerily calm.

Kym said...

What a beautiful tree, Bridget! It looks so festive -- and I'll bet it gives your home a proper, Christmas glow! Happy Solstice to you and Tim and the kitties! I'll be thinking of you on these "lead-up" days to Christmas. XOXO