01 December 2006

It's here!

Christmastime, that is. Yay! I have mentioned previously that I am somewhat of a Holiday Fanatic. Christmastime really feeds my fanaticism, since it lasts longer than most holidays do. So seeing December 1 on the calendar always cheers me up, no matter what else is going on in the universe.

I saw this meme about a week ago on Melanie's blog, then on Kim's, and then yesterday, my co-worker Eileen sent it to me. So I decided to start off December with it.

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Well, I do enjoy eggnog during the holidays, but hot chocolate is around all year ...

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa wraps the presents, to add to the suspense.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, in case Foudy comes over. No way am I kissing him, tradition be damned!

5. When do you put up your decorations? It is a progressive event, but starting at the beginning of the month. They are all usually up by the middle of December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Homemade Holiday Cheeseball.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? When I was in 2nd grade, I came home from school one day, and my father, who was recovering from cancer surgery, had been putting up Christmas decorations. He had bought new stockings for all of us, and my sisters each had a red one, I think one with a jingle bell, and one with a snowman. But mine was green, with Santa on it, ready to go down the chimney. Every year, there is a day when for whatever reason, that feels like it just happened yesterday.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I've always known that Santa was real.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, not unless the giver is there and absolutely insists.

10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? All kinds of stuff, but the general themes are Santa, Rudolph, animals, and music. Plus candy canes once it's all finished. We try to buy at least one ornament whenever we go on a trip, so getting them out and putting them on the tree is especially fun.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread? I love snow. Ice I can live without.

12. Can you ice skate? Oh God, no. I can barely stay upright on the ice when I need to.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My niece Liz.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being here to enjoy them.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cookies!

16 What is your favorite holiday tradition? Being absolutely certain that I hear jingle bells on the rooftop when I go to bed.

17. What tops your tree? A pretty, frosted white spire.

18. What is your favourite holiday book? I do love A Christmas Carol, even if others think it is cliche.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Almost all of them ... but choosing one, I'd say "In the Bleak Midwinter."

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? Yummy, as long as they are some kind of mint flavor. Other flavors are blasphemous, and should not be allowed. There are rules, people!

24 Days
until
Christmas!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

You are too f--ing cute.

Anonymous said...

i love this post!! mistletoe comment HILARIOUS!! you just made my day :)