04 January 2021

I Did Things This Weekend ...

I just failed to take any photos.  Oh I *thought* about it, but never actually got going on it.  Because, you know - I was in the middle of a row of knitting, the camera was upstairs and I was downstairs, I just got into bed ... none of which allow for change, of course.  😛

Anyway, it was a lovely, long New Year's weekend.  New Year's Day we Zoomed with most of the family, and that was fun (well for the most part).  It sounded as if all was well with everyone and that they were enjoying the holidays.  I of course wish that the four gifts I sent on December 1 - three to Baltimore, on to Brooklyn - would finally leave Florida (where they have been since December 5) and actually get delivered.  But they will get there eventually, and it's not the postal service's fault.  

I also (finally) wound up the yarn for all of my Advent calendar and started on that project, which looks very nice, and is enjoyable knitting, but which you'll have to wait to actually see photos of until none of the conditions in the first paragraph occur ...  

Yesterday afternoon I did a knitting Zoom with a group of friends, and we really had fun!  It was enough people to have a good variety, and everyone seemed to be in a good - and somewhat silly - mood, so there was lots of laughing.  I got a nice chunk knit on the sweater I'm making, and again, no photos so you have to take my word for it.  

I started the 30-day Yoga with Adriene program I wrote about a few days ago.  So far I have done Day 1.  I have had such balance problems since that I'm waiting until tomorrow or Wednesday to do Day 2 and more.  I figure that I'll do my best to do the 30 days, even if I have to take a day and do some other movement (even long walks) in between.  I did order a yoga mat, which arrived on Saturday, and seems so much nicer than my old, worn out, too-short exercise mat, so that is a definite bonus!


Today I had a medical appt first thing, and then have been finishing up filling in our house calendars for 2021.  I walked back and forth from my morning appts, so that will be my movement for today.  I think my balance problems after the yoga was my body saying, "Wait, I thought we stopped this kind of thing - give me a chance to settle in!" because by today all seemed well.  

Tomorrow will be my first day back in the building for work since December 22.  I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm sure it will be fine.  At least there will be plenty of stuff to sort through and organize, so the day should go quickly.  I already know what I want to accomplish when I'm there on Thursday of this week, so I hope no wrenches are thrown into that.  I had a plan before the Christmas break that was spoiled by technology refusing to cooperate so that I could finish something.  So I'm hoping the technology will have had a good holiday so that it will work with me this week!

I have some book-reading posts and a roundup of my knitting and crafting this year to organize and post here, plus the last FO of 2020, so be prepared to still visit the recent past in the next couple of weeks.

But for better or worse, 2021 is here and underway, so let's hope for the best!

13 comments:

Vera said...

I, too, isgned up for the Yoga with Adrienne and so far did the first day. My knees and wrists were throbbing! I took yesterday off and haven't made up my mind about today - LOL

AsKatKnits said...

Go you!(And Technology had a lovely break here in my house! It was glorious to ignore it!)

I look forward to your reviews! :)

Dee said...

Love the cartoon. Why is it the older I get, the more I relate to Maxine????

Hugs from way over here!

D

Araignee said...

I thought of you this weekend when I was watching the Thin Man marathon. I always love the scene where Nora is knitting the bootie.

Karen W said...

Daughter and I are pushing forward with the yoga, it’s good for both of us! There are a few things I can’t really do, but surprisingly my hands and wrists are good so far. The first class was actually the longest, I found it the hardest so far too. I do wish she talked about modifications for the old/stiff/obese.

steph said...

Love review time...can't wait~

Nance said...

My neurologist put me on B12 for my balance issues. A test showed that I was moderately deficient. It has actually helped.

The USPS has really had its challenges. I just received a Christmas card yesterday that was posted from Maryland on Dec. 14th. Cleveland, which is our central mail hub, has been ranked among the worst in the country for its troubles. It's US-wide, and I know it's a mess that's got to be cleaned up ASAP.

Your holiday break sounds terrific overall. I hope your transition back to work on-site is a gentle one.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I did Day 1 and found that my wrists were very sore the next day. I was suprised how inflexible my wrists were lol!
I took a break yesterday and hope to get back to it today. Burton thoroughly enjoyed the yoga session and was a right pain in the ass!

Ellen D. said...

I just cannot do yoga. It makes me feel carsick and dizzy. So I just don't try - daily walk or exercycle instead.
Good luck going back to work. Stay safe!

Mereknits said...

I think if you are not used to inverting your head you can really get off balance by doing yoga. Take it slow and do what you can. Sounds like a great weekend, good luck at work. Stay safe.

Kym said...

I suggest keeping a chair nearby when you're doing yoga. Use it to support yourself and balance whenever you feel the least bit shaky! It will help while you're practicing -- and maybe you'll feel better afterward, too. (and if the current 30 day series seems too hard for you, Adriene has a great beginner series that goes at a slower pace and has more hints for modifications).
Also . . . I think it's a sign of a good weekend that you were too busy/occupied/entertained to be thinking about photos! XO

karen said...

I hope your packages get there! Happy New Year! My sister is doing that yoga program and I should...

kathy b said...

Hope re entry goes ok!~ I was always sad to go back to work. It was such a jungle of emotions, stress, changes in policy constantly, assigned too many patients for their acuity Ugh. There wasn't even COVID and it was really difficult work.

But it was my choice to stay. Im fine with seeing your last couple of weeks!