08 January 2021

FO Friday - The Last of 2020

I know that plenty of people have moved on from 2020 big time, but I still have a tiny bit of housekeeping to do before I can completely get into the new year.  (And frankly, it seems like it's still 2020 in lots of ways in my opinion.)  In any case, let me share with you my final FO of 2020.


Project:  Christmastime Shortie Slipper Socks (Ravelry link)
Pattern:  From my brain, based on a vanilla sock
Yarn:  Plymouth Encore Worsted (top sock = Christmas Red, and Peppermint; bottom sock = Christmas Green, and Candy Cane colorways)
Needles:  US size 5
Modifications:  I've made three pairs of these for The Tim, but the only modification I did for me was to cast on fewer stitches.
Notes:  I saw how much The Tim liked and wore the pairs like this I had made for him, and I decided to use some of my Encore stash to make a pair for myself.  I can attest to the fact that these are cozy and warm (we have hardwood floors with rugs here and there, so the floor is always cold in the winter).  They also wash up with no problem, and as a matter of fact, I just threw this pair of mine in the wash today, after wearing them all week.  I know that next year when I get them out, they will bring a smile to my face.  

If you have any interest in making shortie slipper socks, I would encourage you to do so, especially if you are using worsted weight yarn - they truly knit up so fast that you have a pair in the time it would take to knit one sock (well, at least if you are me) of a fingering weight pair.

And thus endeth my knitting for 2020.  I finished these on December 22, and decided that rather than start something else, I'd just continue working on the sweater I've been knitting through the end of the year, and start something new on New Year's Day.  The nice thing about that decision is that I made a lot of progress on the sweater!


Due to the fact that I was at home most of the past year, I did manage to get a lot of knitting accomplished, which was at least a good thing in a year where so much else went wrong.  I'm glad that I found a way to do something useful as well as enjoyable at a time when it was hard to find an outlet for so much sadness and frustration.  Not quite lemonade out of lemons - too much else happened - but a way to keep my mind from sliding too far downwards.

6 comments:

Nance said...

So cute, those slipper socks! I love their mismatched matched look.

Kym said...

Such cute little festive socks! I love the mix-and-match look. XO

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Fantastic way to finish 2020!

kathy b said...

I agree on the bigger yarns for speedy socks! Or slippers!

Araignee said...

The are adorable! I just finished up my Christmas knitting too. Better late than never I suppose.

karen said...

those are super cute!