29 January 2021

Friday Funnies - Self Care Edition

Well, here we are on the last Friday of January 2021.  In some ways, it feels like the holiday season was ten years ago.  But then I received e-mails from the nieces I mailed packages to on December 1st (in Baltimore and Brooklyn, respectively), saying that their packages arrived yesterday, so their holiday seasons at least are hanging on!  Better late than never, right?

I have a lot of indoor plans this weekend, since it is supposed to be bitterly cold and windy here in Philadelphia - of the low 20s temperatures that have the "feels like" ratings of near zero.  Which is fine with me, since when I do go out, I know how to dress to be cozy, but since I only *have* to go out to take Hamlet for walks, I think I'll just stay in the rest of the time.  

Speaking of which, I hope all of you have a good weekend, and find ways to practice some good self care.

Maybe play a game with some friends:


Pamper yourself:


But whatever you do, remember to just enjoy it:


Have a good weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

KSD said...

"Stop and smell the roses" made me snort-laugh, waking Tap up and sending him into a barking fit.

It was worth it.

Ellen D. said...

Illinois is supposed to get a bunch of snow this weekend so I will get my snowblower workout! Loved the "Rose" joke!
Stay safe and warm!

Martha said...

These are so funny, the first one really cracked me up. That's my kind of goofy humor :D

Dee said...

The first one was my favorite too.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Lol.

kathy b said...

ROSES HYSTERICAL
DO YOU WATCH SCHITTS CREEK? MOIRA ROSE IS THE BEST

Araignee said...

I'm still getting Christmas cards in the mail. I also got a birthday card from my birthday on 12/16. USPS has a lot of splaining to do.
I can relate to the kitty manicure cartoon. You should see my furniture. I think they are in a competition to see who can destroy the most these days.

AsKatKnits said...

Brilliant, every one! LOL

Mereknits said...

These are so funny, just what I needed to see. Hope you are still thinking about the yarn.

Kym said...

Always love your "funnies!" (But I'm especially partial to the last one.) Stay warm and safe inside, Bridget! XO

Nance said...

The horse throwing the shoe just cracks me up. So great.

We're getting all our grocery ads right on time, so why is other mail such a problem? I don't understand.