12 January 2021

Tiny Needle Tuesday - Almost a Complete FO!

Hello there!  I hope your Tuesday has started out well.  Mine is OK (I'll be at work when this post goes live, I'm writing early on Tuesday), though today is a work at work day, and though no one else is around, I'd still rather be home, you know?

Anyway.

I'm excited to show you my almostcompletelyfinished counted cross-stitch project:


Isn't he cute??  I am so very pleased with how this turned out. Especially since the parts that are in the white/ecru were really difficult for me to stitch - it was really difficult to tell where the stitches had already been done!  So it's probably not perfect, but who cares?  The blue background went fairly quickly once I got past the antlers section, so I zoomed through that this weekend.  Now all that is left is to press it with an iron, and use the instructions in the kit to make it into an ornament for our December 2021 Christmas tree.


Here's a closer look - I just love his little face!

I mostly worked on this during the day on Saturdays, when it was bright enough during the daylight to be able to see what I was doing; then this past weekend, I did one side of the background on Saturday and one side on Sunday.  So the main reason it took that long to finish is because I only picked it up one day a week.

Hopefully I can *really* finish this in the coming week.  My motivation to do so will be twofold: 1) I want to put it away with the other decorations, which we will be working on this coming weekend, and 2) I have told myself I can't begin a new stitching project until this one is finished and tucked away.

And that's today's story.  Have a good one!

7 comments:

Nance said...

That is the cutest little face ever! He'll make you smile every time you see him. Well done!

Ellen D. said...

He is so sweet! Good job!

KSD said...

Adorable!

Araignee said...

He is adorable!!! Congrats on getting him finished. A little sunshine goes a very long way when you are stitching.

Kim in Oregon said...

I love it!

More and more I need ALL THE LIGHT to do ccs.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

He's adorable!

karen said...

He is very very adorable!