08 February 2021

I've Made My List

... though unlike Santa, I have not checked it twice.  I feel that he needs to be more comitted to his list than I do to mine.  😊 

Our weekend was pretty uneventful, as is usually the case nowadays.  I did make some progress on some projects.  I got a counted cross-stitch project underway, after a false start earlier last week.  And I got the cuff knit on the second sock of the pair I'm currently knitting.  My Advent Throw got some love as well:


Adding in the partially finished pink stripe on the top means that I am 1/3 of the way through my yarny Advent calendar, so I'm zipping right along.  This pattern (the Habitation Throw by Helen Stewart) is really great, because once you get started, it's not complicated at all, and goes along pretty quickly.  I could see making another with random scraps down the line.

I also made the list I mentioned in an earlier post, to organize thoughts I had about what I might want to make/do this year.  I thought I'd share it with all of you, both for record-keeping purposes, but also in the event that any of you need "inspiration" to make your own lists.  We can try to follow our lists together!

Now, keep in mind, I'm not saying that I can only work on this list, or even that they all have to be completed.  Rather, these are things that were rattling around in my brain, as I was thinking of what kinds of projects I might want to do this year.  So they are goals, but not requirements!

And there are ten of them, because - frankly, it just seemed like there should be ten of them.

Making Goals for 2021

  1. Knit a minimum of 4 items for charity*

  2. Knit a toy/stuffie

  3. Knit at least one pattern from a pattern book

  4. Try to learn crochet well enough to make at least 2 coasters

  5. Make tops for at least 2 quilted placemats

  6. Knit one sweater

  7. Sew one item other than quilted placemats

  8. Try one brioche knitting pattern

  9. Complete at least 2 cross-stitch/needlework projects

  10. Clean up knitting needles - donate duplicates or ones I don’t use


*as of 5 February, I already have a hat knit last year and will also finish my Happy Socks (1 knit so far) for charity, so I need a minimum of two more items


What about you?  Do you have any specific plans or ideas?  I'm curious to know if I'm the only person who was being driven nuts by my ideas and thoughts and had to write them down!

7 comments:

KSD said...

You can tell what I've been doing lately when I scanned #8 and thought, "Bridget, that's baking, not knitting."

Araignee said...

My list consists of one thing: Finish everything I started in 2020. Like the pandemic, my projects are just dragging on and on and on....

Ellen D. said...

I am not a knitter nor a crocheter so I cannot put those on my list! I think I may like to do more quilting (I remade an old quilt in 2020). I also found my cross stitch supplies so I thought it would be fun to try that again... (if my old eyes can keep up)!
So my list won't be as long as yours but you have got me thinking!
Thanks!

Dee said...

I am flying by the seat of my pants this year! :-)

Kym said...

That looks like a great list, Bridget! It's a good mix of fiber-y/fabric-y/stitch-y. And there are plenty of things to challenge you and teach you new skills. I'll be looking forward to watching your plans unfold! As for me? I'm with Dee . . . flying by the seat of my pants! XO

AsKatKnits said...

This is a great list! (and honestly, I love the number... 10, it is not too much, but rather just enough to help one stay focused!)

karen said...

beautiful knitting!!! any weekend where nothing happens is a great weekend!