05 February 2021

Who Wore It Better?

The first weekend of February is here, and hopefully we can all just enjoy it.  I don't know about all of you, but this has been a kinda sorta tough week for me.  But, that is now the past.  I have a knitting Zoom with a group of friends on Sunday, and I'm really looking forward to that, so it's all good.

In the hopes that this post will give you a reason to smile moving into weekend, I'm sharing this story and the accompanying photos.

Many years ago, I took a class to learn the basics of fair-isle knitting.  I decided to knit something for The Tim, and chose Dotty, a pattern from one of the Rowan magazines.

Needless to say, it took me much longer to finish than the class time, but I was really happy with the result.  Here is the Ravelry page for my project.

Shortly after it was finished, I got a message on Rav, asking if they could use my photo of The Tim for the pattern page, which of course led to me saying YES.

I told my friend and Rosie's Yarn Cellar co-worker, Andrea, about this the next Sunday when we worked together.  It turned out to be a really, really, really, slow day - one of those where maybe during the whole shift, *maybe* one customer came in.  So we were entertaining ourselves, as was our wont when it was quiet, and Andrea used her mad Photoshop skills to, as she said, make The Tim "the new face of Rowan."

Here is the image of the Dotty vest in the magazine that accompanied the pattern:


And here is Andrea's "fix:"


So it's time for you to decide: 

Who Wore It Better???

(P.S. Not only did we laugh ourselves silly about this, but it will never NOT be funny!)

Have a good weekend!

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

A total no-brainer-- Tim wore/wears it better!! And I am very impressed by what a good job you did on your first fair-isle sweater. I look at those patterns and sigh and give up....

Ellen D. said...

The Tim wins with his lovely smile!

Araignee said...

That is just too funny! I'll be laughing about that all day. I think The Tim wins hands down for sure. The sweet young thing in the first photo looks pretty uncomfortable in it. Why on earth would a designer choose that photo-although I do like the bow tie. Nice touch.

andrea said...

hahahaha ALWAYS FUNNY

Caffeine Girl said...

Obviously, Tim wins!
That is a great pattern, and you must have steeked! Good for you!

KSD said...

Never.

Vera said...

Of course The Tim wins. Hands down. Vest down. The models for Rowan patterns always cracked me up - especially in that time frame.

Dee said...

The Tim for sure!!!!

AsKatKnits said...

I am quite sure I have never laughed so much over a blog post! Steve even asked what I was laughing about. (he did not get it, lol, which made it even funnier!)

Happy weekend to both of you!

Nance said...

The Tim, hands down. It's like the pattern was made for him.

Lorette said...

Tim, OF COURSE!!

Mereknits said...

Of course The Tim, he has depth and character, he isn't a silly model!