22 March 2021

An Overdue FO Post

I hope the day is a nice one wherever you are.  It's sunny and supposed to be about 60 degrees Fahrenheit today here, so it truly feels like a spring day!  Of course, that also means I'll have to have tissues handy, since I'm sure my allergies will be saying, "Yay, it's spring, let's really drive her crazy!"

Anyway, I wanted to share an FO that I actually finished last month, but forgot to post about.  And since this blog is as much to document my projects as it is anything else, I wanted it to have it's turn in the sun, so to speak.

TA DA!  Finito!

Project:  Stripey Kerchief
Pattern:  Polkagris Kerchief, by Kate Davies (Ravelry link)
Needles:  US size 3
Yarn:  Milarrochy Tweed, in the Hirst (natural) and Lochan (navy) colorways
Modifications:  None
Notes:  As I mentioned in a previous post, I knit this to replace my Silk Kerchief, which I loved and wore to the point where it started to just fall apart.  Since the pattern is no longer available, and I was not able to retrieve the patterns I had saved on my previous computer, I had to find something else.  I thought this pattern might fit the bill.

This was a VERY quick knit, and if you know how to do kfb (knit in the front and back of the stitch) increase, you're good to go.  I knit this in a week, and it only took that long because I also worked on other projects.  I like the way it turned out, and think that the straight lines in the middle are a cool feature.  

Of course, now that it's finished, I haven't had a chance to wear it, and I just put it away until next year.  It's either been seriously cold, requiring a long scarf, or a temperature where something around my neck would just be too warm.  So I'll be thrilled to see it next winter, I'm sure.  Then I will be able to determine if I have the same love and devotion to it as I did to my Silk Kerchief ... 😉

*****

Another week is underway, so hopefully it will be a good one, or at least not a terrible one.  I have a dr appt later this morning, and another one on Wednesday afternoon, but besides those and of course being back at work after my week of vacation (😭), I don't have any other obligations that I know of at the moment.  I am hoping to get a couple of small projects finished that I planned to work on last week, but that were left alone since I ended up not having the mental capacity I had expected to have.  

And I also just realized that the first weekend in April - which is only a couple of weeks away - is Easter!  I guess I just assumed it was later in the month, and boy was I surprised ... I hadn't really thought of it since I knew I wouldn't need to prepare for our usual company.  This will be the second year we won't be having Easter with my niece Amanda and her husband Pat.  Oh well, NEXT YEAR OR BUST, right???

9 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Wonderful finish!

Kim in Oregon said...

The earliness of Easter surprised me too!

Caffeine Girl said...

This is the second year I'll be doing a Passover Seder on Zoom. Not as much fun as in person, but it would worse to have no Seder at all. Last year we had 20 people. This year, we are limiting the Zoom to 10.

Dee said...

Congrats on the kerchief finish. It looks great.

I saw something from our old church on Holy Week and thought, well THAT can't be right. It was right. Easter will be here in no time flat.

Araignee said...

The shawl looks great. I love those stripes!
Easter caught me off guard too. It's so early. I guess it doesn't really matter since we won't be doing anything anyway again this year since we will all only be half way through our vaccine thing. Daughter and her hubby get their first one tomorrow.

Nance said...

I had a similar shock when I found out how soon Easter was, too. Not that we'll be spending it with family, either.

I love how your striped kerchief turned out. It looks terrific. My guess is that you'll wear it a couple of times yet before Spring really takes hold for certain.

Kym said...

That is a GREAT shawl, Bridget! It will be perfect for these fickle days of spring! XO

kathy b said...

You can wear that beauty of a shawl in the a/c! Easter will be odd here for us as well. Also the second time in a row. We will be done with vaccines but not past the safe 2 week mark at Easter .We are so blessed that none of us got COVID.

karen said...

beautiful finish! it's raining here boo.