15 March 2021

Oh Excuse Me? You're Upset That the Clocks Moved Forward an Hour??

Well, imagine what it feels like to wake up and realize that for you, it wasn't just an hour, but a YEAR! 😉

Overnight from Saturday to Sunday, a lot of places in the U.S. turned our clocks one hour ahead ("spring forward").  This always causes a lot of whining and hand-wringing, and frankly it really doesn't bother me one way or the other, just the same as in the fall when we turn the clocks back ("fall backwards").  But this year, *my* clock sprung forward a year overnight from Saturday to Sunday!  I went to bed at the age of 64 and woke up at the age of 65!


Yep, yesterday was my birthday - YAY!!!  On Friday, this card arrived in the mail from a friend of mine; when you press the little sound button at the top right, it plays a meow version of Happy Birthday, which is hilarious.  

It was a lovely day, and I really enjoyed every bit of it.  The Tim, the kitties, and Hamlet helped me celebrate and though it was my second Covid birthday, that did not mean it wasn't a good one.  And I heard from friends and family with good wishes, so even if once again we couldn't really go anywhere, it really didn't matter. 

It was especially nice, since on Saturday we had worked on cleaning up the house and because it was in such a state, it really ended up eating most of the day.  So having yesterday to purposely relax and just do whatever we felt like doing was extra luxurious.

And after last week, where I spent a good portion of the week fighting with a migraine, I was happy that it happened earlier in the week rather than later.

Of course, this guy turned 9 years old last Thursday, so we also had a little party then:


I told him that this whole coming week was Koodle and Ma Birthday Week, so we can keep celebrating.  I'm continuing my celebration today by heading over to Penn very shortly and receiving my 2nd dose of the Covid-19 vaccine - and trust me, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that getting a vaccine would be considered a continuation of a birthday celebration!  

Strange days, indeed.

I hope your week goes well.  Mine should be good, because I took vacation all week, and other than a meeting I *have* to attend tomorrow morning for about 45 minutes, I don't have to think about or deal with work at all.  That in and of itself is another gift ... 

12 comments:

Nance said...

Those are two excellent presents: No work and the COVID vax! I think that makes for a very Happy Birthday.

Sharing it with Milo, too, makes it all quite special.

Happy happy birthday, Bridget. May you have many, many more.

Karen W. said...

Happy, happy birthday! Hope your coming year is a good one! A week off does seem like a terrific present to yourself. Love the Koodle’s picture in the sunshine.

Ellen D. said...

Happy Birthday to you! Best wishes for a year filled with fun, good health, lots of love, and happy adventures! A vaccine is a GREAT present these days!! :)

KSD said...

So glad you put the names in "Koodle and Ma Birthday Week" in the correct order.

I do hope your day was as spectacular as you are.

Alison said...

And another Happy Birthday from down under. We are “falling back” in a couple of weeks. Yippee, more sewing time.

So glad for you that you will be fully vaccinated soon.

Araignee said...

Happy birthday!!!! The Mister's brother turned 65 today and we had a good snicker over him being Medicare age. The insurance is great but I sure do hate seeing the fee taken out of my teeny tiny SS check every month.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Lorette said...

And a very happy birthday to you! Just having the day off work is a big deal!

Vera said...

Oh yay for the vaccine! Fletch and I are still waiting...

Happy Birthday! A week (almost) of no work is wonderful - ENJOY!!!

Mereknits said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday! Wishing you a spectacular year my friend. Stay safe.

sprite said...

Happy birthday, Bridget! It sounds like you've given yourself some great gifts!

karen said...

happy birthday to you!!!!