15 September 2021

Glowing in the Dark

I thought I'd write a post for Unraveled Wednesday before I left for a dr appt.  I think I have *just* enough time.

So I have been reading a lot lately, and for the most part enjoying it.  I recently gave up on a book that so many others have liked, but hey that happens.  My current book is this one:


I am only a couple of chapters in, but so far it is keeping my attention.  Hopefully I'll want to keep reading, since I'm always annoyed when I decide to give up on a book - though at least now I know it's OK to do that!

Knitting-wise, I just finished the first sock of a pair, and am hoping that it's colorful enough ...


The Tim claims that I will glow in the dark when I wear these - he said I should save them for when the weather threatens a power outage.  😀  I'm really happy with how this one turned out, and especially pleased with my Shadow Wrap Heel, even though it is kinda wonky - but not bad for a first try!

Want to know what others are making and reading?  Head over to Kat's blog, following the link above and find out!

7 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Your socks look like a pack of highlighters! I love it!!!!

Vera said...

Very pretty sock! Now I need to google Shadow Wrap Heel to find out what that is.

Araignee said...

I love them! I could have used those socks last night. We had the power go out about 8 pm and it was certainly dark. There was no storm so it took us by surprise. It was a long boring night with no power. The only good thing about it was I finally finished some books I had started on my Kindle that were languishing. It was a good thing I had it charged up.

Dee said...

I love super-colorful socks. Yours is fantastic! I love the grey to offset the bright colors.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo, enquiring minds want to know. What book did you give up on? (I've given up on quite a few that others have LOVED.)

Ellen D. said...

Cute socks!

Kym said...

What great socks, Bridget! I'll bet they'll make you happy when you wear them (even if you are glowing in the dark). (I often don't like "popular" books . . . )

Jane said...

Very pretty socks. Glow-in-the-dark socks sound like just the thing for the cold nights on the horizon. Now I am going to look up the Shadow Wrap Heel.