17 September 2021

Here's Your Chance ...


Happy Friday!  I hope you will be able to have a wonderful weekend.  I am getting my hair cut tomorrow and so am happily looking forward to that.  No other specific plans, but it is my last weekend before a 5-day week back in our building at work starts again.  I would know that even if I didn't know it intellectually because my sleeping is terrible lately.  Oh well, I enjoyed sleeping well for the last 18 months, I'll adjust.  😧

As you can see from the image above, it's time for another round of Ask Me Anything!  You can add any questions that you have in the comments of this post, and next week on Friday, I'll write a post with the answers.  You really can ask anything you like - but I do reserve the right to not answer questions that I find in any way offensive or inappropriate.  Past experience has shown that no one ever asks anything that falls into that category, but I guess there is also a first time (though I hope not!).

Previous posts answering questions are here, here, and here, if you want to review what has already been revealed ... 

***

In other news, do you remember a while ago, I asked you to keep my nephew in your thoughts, because he was having some health issues?  Well, it was finally determined that the thing that was at the core of his problems was that he needs a double hip replacement.  He will be having the first one next Thursday, so we are hoping for a good result.  I feel pretty confident that he'll do well, because the operation is one that seems to be successful for those I know who have had it done.  He is motivated to do what the doctors tell him, so I know he'll do well with whatever physical therapy, etc., they throw at him.  He will be 52 years old on October 1st, so he's younger than a lot of people who have the surgery, but if it helps him, who cares?  I'm just glad that the problem has been pinpointed and is close to being treated.

So that's that.  I'll leave you with this cartoon, since we all deserve to smile at least once - on a Friday, especially.  Take care!

8 comments:

Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee said...

Sending good wishes for going back to work. Hope it is not too awful.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....a question!


In a perfect situation (meaning you could afford it, you would have a job if you wanted one, family issues wouldn't be an issue, there was no pandemic crap to deal with, etc...), where would you live?

Kim in Oregon said...

That comic is so, so true! Best of luck to your nephew.

sprite said...

Rudi had one of his hips replaced a few years back (Bone death after a ski injury) and has been very happy with it to date. I hope your nephew has the same outcome.

Do you have a favorite ice cream/frozen dessert? (Because summer refuses to leave us...)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ok... here goes... If you could meet a historical figure, who would it be and why?

Sending lots of goof juju for a successful surgery for your nephew.

Araignee said...

The Mister needs one of those too but he keeps putting it off. I have a friend who had it done so she could take a walking trip through Europe a few years ago and she said it was a breeze and had a wonderful trip. She was in her late 60's then.
My question:
I was inspired to do all the things I do because I had a great grandmother who quilted, knitted, wove and made a yellow tomato relish that my dad talked about his whole life. Who inspired your creative self?

Kym said...

Okay, Bridget . . . What's your superpower????
:-)

KSD said...

If you could teach everyone in the world one skill, what would it be?