07 September 2021

Knitting Needles Tuesday - An FO Post

Hello all, and I hope you had a lovely Labor Day weekend.  Ours was nice, the weather was for the most part really pleasant - even the rain wasn't much and didn't ruin any of our plans, mostly because we had none.  The Tim had to work yesterday, but I got some projects of my own organized, and then fixed us a picnic dinner, so it was all good.

Do you remember seeing this just started WIP back in June?


If not, you probably do remember these photos:



Well, I'm happy to tell you that it is now an FO, with ends woven in, blocking completed, and ready to wear!

Project:  Blue Anker
Pattern:  Anker's Summer Shirt, by Petite Knit (Ravelry link)
Yarn:  Berrocco Farro, in the colorway Turquoise, 4.5 skeins
Needles:  US size 4 and 6
Modifications:  I added more stitches to the underarms, since sleeves always feel tight there to me in knitted items.  Then I decreased until I was where the sleeve pattern started, and went from there following the instructions.


Comments:  I completely love this top!  It fits the way I wanted it to fit, I just love the color, and even though it gave me fits with the 1 x 1 rib and the increases, it was all well worth it.  I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this not just a few more times this year, but a lot once the weather gets warm again next year.  Wearing this with a sweater or blazer over it, or a denim jacket, would be really comfy, as it is not bulky or heavy at all.

The yarn was a bit tricky to get used to, but other than occasionally being a little slippery-er than I would have liked, by the time I was a few inches in to the project, we were getting along just fine.  The pattern was straightforward, once you decided if you were following inches or centimeters!  There are a lot of sizes included, so I could see this being a pattern that would be really nice to use the Knit Companion feature where it shows your size only.  However, my printed pattern and highlighter worked just fine also.

I finished the knitting, weaving in, etc. last week, but was waiting for a time when the day was nice and The Tim was available to take a photo.  So Sunday afternoon, we went out on the deck.  I may have to find a new photographer, as you would have thought I had asked him to give me one of his kidneys, he was so put out by "having" to do this!  Then he was annoyed because I was squinting - but when the light is in your eyes, YOU try not to squint.  Anyway, I was pleased with how this photo turned out.

And oh that yoke!  It makes the 1 x 1 rib worthwhile (well, now that it's finished, at least).


Between that, a the fact that I am a sucker for anything turquoise, it couldn't have turned out better!

12 comments:

Alison said...

Love your new blue top. i have the winter long sleeve version which I knitted in wool. It has hardly been off my back all winter. A very useful garment. You look happy - and rightly so. Enjoy.

Kym said...

What a lovely sweater, Bridget! It looks fabulous on you -- and I think your timing is perfect. I'll bet you'll have plenty of opportunities to wear your new sweater as the fall weather kicks in -- and before things get too cold. Nicely done! :-)

Vera said...

Beautiful finish Bridget! Love the yoke too.

Ellen D. said...

It looks terrific! Love the color too! Great job!

Nance said...

Wow! It's a knockout, and the yoke is gorgeous.

Dee said...

Very pretty!

Araignee said...

It looks great and the fit is perfect! What a great pattern. I love that yoke.

karen said...

what a stunning finish! I love the way it fits you :)

KSD said...

It's just splendid.

Caffeine Girl said...

That is a stellar finish. It does fit perfectly. I love turquoise, too, so I think it's a top-notch sweater.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It looks fantastic! Well done!

sprite said...

Oh, it's lovely! Well done, you!