11 January 2022

Tiny Needle Tuesday - It's Been a Long Time!

I had so many plans for counted cross-stitch in 2021 - and that's what happened, they stayed as plans.  

You may remember that I showed you this start on a project not too far into the year:

(This is what the finished project will be.)

The snowflakes across the top (which are hard to see, I know) nearly did me in, since white floss on a light background is torture for me.  But I got them done, and then a bit more.  Then I put the whole thing down.

Suddenly, it was getting close to the fall holidays - Halloween, Thanksgiving, and so I put this project away because I was gonna work on something else, more in tune to the time of year.

When nothing happened with those plans, I thought for sure I'd do something for Christmas.

Nope.

So on Saturday (the return of Stitchy Saturday), I pulled out the single project I had going, got everything organized again, put it into the hoop, and got to work.  By the end of the day, I'd made some good progress:


It took longer than I expected it to, due to the fact that I'm pretty sure I need a new prescription for my eyeglasses, but I'm happy with what I did manage to do.  And after letting it sit for nearly a year, it's not like I'm on a deadline with it.

It felt good to get back to stitching.  And fortunately, I had marked where I left off, so I just needed to sit down and get going on it.  I'm currently betwixt and between knitting projects, so at the moment, it's this or my mitered square blanket, and I just wasn't in the mood for that on Saturday.  

Who knows, it may even be finished this year!

12 comments:

Vera said...

Nice! That is such a cute piece.

Kym said...

It's such a charming little piece! I can't wait to see it develop. :-)
And I think we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves when our making plans are "bigger" than our capacity for carrying them out. We make . . . when we make (and what we feel like making!). XO

Araignee said...

I remember that one! I was tempted to buy it myself but then I looked at how many sheep stitching projects I already have and decided just to enjoy watching you work on it.

Ellen D. said...

That is going to be so cute!

Nance said...

I'm always in awe of anyone who can do that teensy stitching. And white on white...wow!

I've been "working" on the same mitred square blanket for years now. I'm so close to finishing, but every time I get it out, the big orange cat immediately lies on top of it the entire time I'm knitting (as he tries to do with every single thing I knit). He bullies and bullies his way up until he's right at my neck, making all knitting impossible.

I look forward to seeing all your progress this year. Especially since I make so very little. ;-)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love it! My goal is to stich Saturday and Sunday nights. So far so good!

Dee said...

Yay! Stitching is back!

kathy b said...

Great that you are happy to return to stitches. That ow1 photo on your header is amazing. Did you take the photo ?

KSD said...

Well done!

The owl photo is stunning.

Kim in Oregon said...

That looks familiar to me too! I was thinking just yesterday I should pull that out and start on it!

karen said...

I am working on a baby sampler for the new grand. I hope to finish it all but the name which I will know upon he or she's birth!! Love your stitching :)

Jeannie Gray Knits said...

It's going to be be beautiful no matter when you finish it!