28 October 2020

Books, Socks, and Anniversaries

Today I decided that I had it together enough to post for Unraveled Wednesday, which is always fun because I enjoy seeing what everyone is reading and making.  Here's my entry. 😊 

I am almost finished with this book.  It's pretty amazing to read, and gives you a true understanding of just where the author started out and how he fit in to his large family.


It's not a long book, but it is packed with so much.

Making-wise, I started a new pair of socks and am making it up as I go along.  If they turn out the way I want them to, I'll write up my notes and share.  Next up will be the heel flap, but here's what I have now.


You can't see the pattern too well there, so maybe this one is better.


Anyway, I'm enjoying it, and I *think* I'll like the way the end product looks.

*****

Today is our wedding anniversary, number 42. We had decided that this year, instead of gifts for each other, we would do something for our house.  Then I read that although there is not an "official" gift for the 42nd anniversary, that informally, the practice is property improvements, haha! Given our financial situation though, we decided that our gift to our house is that we were able to pay the mortgage this month ... 😏 But we are going to celebrate with good food, a special cake from our fave bakery nearby, and some sparkling wine, so it will be a fun day. 

Also, according to Google, we've been married for 15,330 days, or 367,920 hours, or 22,075,200 minutes, which is over 1,324 million seconds - whaaaat??!

13 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

Happy anniversary to you!! That is truly a spectacular milestone! (and I love your sock start!)

Araignee said...

Happy Anniversary! Don't get me started about home improvement projects during the pandemic. I'm still waiting for my dryer. I am terrified now to even think about starting to finish the kitchen. Who knows what horror lurks.

Dee said...

Happy 1,324 million seconds! Wishing you many, many more!

karen said...

happy anniversary you two love birds!!

KSD said...

Perhaps use the "years" count when putting candles on the Anniversary cake, okay?

Ellen D. said...

Happy Anniversary! Best wishes for many years of happy adventures together!

Vera said...

Happy Anniversary!! Pretty sock too. what is the yarn?

Alison said...

Every day together is to be celebrated. We have found that as the anniversary count gets higher the more content we are in each other's company. I am always astounded when people shake their heads in amazement when I tell them we have been married for 54 years. Or perhaps the reaction is because I look so young! Ha ha.

Enjoy your happy life.

Nance said...

Happy Anniversary, and may there be many more (with cake)!

I like your sock pattern. It would look great with a solid colour, too.

Minerva said...

Happy Anniversary! We did the same thing this year. Gave each other a new kitchen and bathroom. And it's only been 2 years for us!

kathy b said...

DO CELEBRATE!!!!!!! That's an amazing number of years to stay together! Hooray. Have those baked goods and show us!

sprite said...

Happy anniversary to you and The Tim!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Happy Anniversary!
We didn't do gifts for ours either this year. We are hoping to buy a house come spring, so we are saving every penny we can