19 October 2020

Here's Another FO for Monday!

We had a nice weekend.  I got my hair cut on Saturday morning, so that was the highlight for me, because not only did it feel good to get my hair under control, but I had someone to go, legitimately!  Other than that, we did the usual - meaning we stayed close to home - but the weather was nice, and we were not on anyone else's schedule.

You may remember that last week I mentioned being behind on a couple of FO posts - the first was the Yukon Cornelius socks, which you saw here, and now here's the second one.


Project:  Amir's Scrappy Hat

Pattern:  St Mungo's Simple Hat

Yarn:  The only scraps of yarns that still had bands on them were Ancient Arts Fibre Sock in the Orange Tabby colorway, and Nomadic Yarns Trusty Sock in the Slutty Pumpkin colorway.  All of the rest are either additional leftovers, or minis from an Advent calendar a couple of years ago.

Needles:  US size 6

Modifications:  None.

Notes:  This is the last of the hats I was knitting for Christmas gifts this year.  Amir is the son of one of my nieces' partners, and though I'm not sure he will care for either the hat nor the colors, it's a gift and up to him to do what he wants with or about it.

I love the way it turned out, and again was pleased that I was able to finish off so much leftover yarn.  This is the second time I've knit this pattern, and it is definitely a keeper.  It knits up quickly, and you can make the yarn(s) do the talking, or just make it plain and conservative if you prefer.

Plus, the crown of the hat is just so cool!


So now all of the gifts I need to mail are finished, and it's just a matter of getting them ready for that once things get closer.  But even more exciting to me, is that I've used up SO MUCH leftover yarn!  I still have plenty of odds and ends left, but these projects for gifts definitely took care of more than half of what existed previously.

And because I've really liked all of the scrappy projects I've made, I have an idea in my head for one I'd like to make for myself.  I don't know why I never knit any scrappy projects before, and now I'm kind of hooked on them.  😉

8 comments:

karen said...

I have had my hair cut twice and I love all the precautions in place and feel good about it enough. Lovely knitting!!

Dee said...

Congrats. Lovely hat.

Isn't it just SO satisfying to use up all the bits and pieces and see the scrap pile go down and down?

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It doesn't look like scraps, more like a skein of Noro with unexpected, but somehow coordinated colours coming together! I love it!

Araignee said...

I love it!! The way the yarn works together is just amazing. So pretty.

Kim in Oregon said...

I am so surprised to hear that those are scraps--what a great finish!

Ellen D. said...

How colorful! and it looks like a nice snug hat. Well done!

Minerva said...

Love the chosen colors for this hat. Jewel tones are my favorite colors, so this is up my alley. Congats for being so ahead of the game with mailed gifts.

sprite said...

I really like the colors you used.