30 October 2020

Friday Funnies - Halloween Edition

Tomorrow is of course Halloween and like every single other thing this year, it will have to be different because God forbid people be sensible about Covid-19.  Our neighborhood group is having a socially-distanced block party tomorrow afternoon.  Everyone has been asked to put some candy in a bowl and set it on a table or whatever on the street.  Everyone must wear a mask, bring their own drink if they like, while the kiddos wear their costumes and go to each house, wave to the neighbors on their stoop, and take some candy.  This works for me because I do love seeing the costumes, and since it's supposed to be cold but sunny, I think it will work really well.

I hope that wherever you are, and whether or not you do anything to celebrate the holiday, the items below will make you smile.  Who doesn't need something to smile about right now?

Happy Halloween, and have a good weekend no matter what you do!











7 comments:

Nance said...

These are all hilarious! I love Demetri and the white cat hair all over the best. I am partial to black leggings in the colder months (why are jeans so cold?!), and I am constantly using a lint roller.

I REFUSE TO GIVE IN TO THE CAT HAIR!

Needles and Wool said...

I enjoyed these funny Halloween photos. Happy Halloween!

steph said...

these are great....and i hope your block party goes well. sounds as if it's well thought out!!!

Araignee said...

You made my morning with those cartoons. I've been feeling very sad about everything being canceled here this year and needed that laugh.
Your party sounds like fun. That is something my old neighborhood might do but this new one....no. People who move into the woods are usually kind of...weird. Present company included I suppose.
Happy Halloween...and stay safe!!!

Kym said...

Thanks for the laughs this morning, Bridget! :-)
I hope your block party is wonderful for all involved. We don't seem to have a planned anything for Halloween here in my neighborhood, so I'm curious to see what actually happens. We've (sadly) decided to keep our lights off this year (first time ever . . . ).
XO

Minerva said...

These are great funnies! They made me laugh and I needed a good laugh. The white cat on the black cape was a good one. I have a super-shedder fawn pug, and I know that feeling!

Dee said...

I think the Baby Ruth one is my favorite, but they are all great.


Okay now ............just for YOU. The hat is off the cat and put onto Creepy-Cranky. They have exchanged ties so that Creepy's hat matches his tie. Photos have been made and a blog post has been written (goes live at midnight).

The hat thing ...........a cat can do without a hat, but a Creepy most definitely cannot.

All for you, Bridget! Thank God for hot glue guns.