22 October 2020

Themeless Three on Thursday

Say THAT one really fast!  😂

Today is Three on Thursday, with Carole and the others, and I actually have enough brain space to participate, though I have no particular "theme" going this week.  But here you go.

1.  I had a really hard time sleeping last night, so this morning on the way to work, I stopped to actually get a [small] coffee (I KNOW!) since I have to be at work and in meetings all day.  Even if I'm not actually participating, I wanted to at least look awake.  Anyway, I stopped at the Wawa, and they had a huge inflated Frankenstein holding up a sign for one of their promotions.  I was waiting to pay, and the cutest little boy was with his mom in front of me (she said he had just turned 3 years old).  He turned around and said hello, and I told him I liked his mask (it had pumpkins and witches on it).  Then he pointed to the Frankenstein, and I said, "I know, he's so big.  It's a little bit creepy, don't you think?" And he moved a bit closer, put out his hand as if to comfort me, and said, "Don't worry, it's just a big blowed-up thing."  I have to say, that made my day. So remember, don't necessarily be scared if it's only a "big blowed-up thing."

2.  We received this flyer in the mail the other day, and Mr. Laff Riot - The Tim - added some embellishment:


Among the many things wrong with this, I think we all know that Barack Obama would NEVER call some random woman "baby."  

3.  Some extremely wonderful people have contributed to our fundraising for PAWS, and someone in particular, known only as "Unknown" made an especially generous donation (well, it is to me, the person with $40-odd dollars in her checking account until the end of the month) that put us OVER our fundraising goal! That made me so happy, and it will do so much for the animals that PAWS helps.  Thanks to all of you who were kind enough to contribute.  Saturday looks like it will be a nice day, so Hamlet and I should have a really good walk.  (BTW, fundraising is open through Saturday, so if you still want to donate, PAWS isn't going to *not* accept it ... our page is here.)

That's it for today.  If I can stay awake, I'll consider it a success!

9 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

I am laughing at the Obama post card! (and I think Obama would be asking you if you'd mind knitting with Michelle!!) XO

Dee said...

Maybe we should look at the world as if it is just "a big blowed-up thing". Then it wouldn't look so scary, right?

Kwizgiver said...

I frequently put notes of quotes on pictures like that! I am pleased to know I'm not the only one with that warped sense of humor!

Kim in Oregon said...

The Obama thing is so funny! When I wasn't working remotely I would treat myself with a small coffee twice a week. I think if I had 'real' coffee now I would bounce off the walls!

Meditations in Motion said...

Ahhh...the wisdom of a 3-year-old! I love the idea of looking at scary stuff as just a big blowed=up thing.

Araignee said...

Awww....what a little sweetie. It makes me want to see my grandkids now. Sigh.....
You've made me want to knit Obama a pair of socks. Lol....

Minerva said...

Your flyer made me laugh! We need a little giggle during this time. That was a cute exchange that you had with the little boy. That would have made my day.

Ellen D. said...

Yes, great remark by the 3-year-old! I watched Obama's speech that he gave in Pennsylvania yesterday. He really shamed the current prez and it just reminded me how great Obama is. I voted yesterday and am hoping for a BLUE landslide!

Nance said...

Hm, "big blowed up things" reminds me of...well, you know who it reminds me of.

Anyway.

Love the President Obama postcard a la Tim. That would be on my mantel for weeks.