14 October 2020

It's Wednesday, So How About an FO Post?

I realized the other day that I had forgotten to do an FO post for a couple of things, and needed to play catch up.  So without further ado, here you go:


They're finished at last!  Not that they took that long, but I kept getting interrupted with other things while knitting them, so I would think, "Let me get back to that pair of socks."

Project:  Yukon Cornelius Socks
Pattern:  One I made up, but that I'm also fairly sure is not unique
Yarn:  Sweet Sparrow Yarns Nuthatch Sock Yarn, in the Yukon Cornelius colorway
Needles:  US size 1
Modifications:  Well, none I guess since I made up what I was doing ...
Notes:  These were so much fun to knit!  You may recall that earlier this year, I completed my Rudolph and Clarice Socks for myself; well, this Yukon Cornelius colorway was purchased at the same time, with the intention of making a pair of socks for The Tim.  Now I've finally done that, so we can wear our companion socks for Christmas! 😊

I wanted to knit something with texture, but that wouldn't require close attention to the pattern.  I thought about another pair of waffle socks, but decided since I had recently made a pair using that pattern, I wanted something else.  So I devised a  similar but different pattern and decided to give it a try.  After a few rows, I knew I liked it, so I used it for the entire leg of the sock.  

Row 1:  Knit 1, purl one
Row 2:  Knit all stitches
Row 3:  Knit 2, purl 2
Row 4:  Knit all stitches

That's it, and you end up with a nice textured pattern that works just fine with self-striping yarns without looking too busy.  

These will be a gift for his birthday in November, so he'll have them for Christmastime.  I really like the way they turned out, and they feel like they have some stretch but will also stay up when you wear them.

And best of all - as you can see here - they are Pip approved!


When I put these down to take the photo, he immediately jumped up to sit on them.  After I snapped this, he got up, and re-positioned himself to curl up and sleep on them for a couple of hours.  Which means that they are pre-embellished with cat hair ... 😜

All the better to keep The Tim's feet warm, right?

11 comments:

Nance said...

Great socks!

And everything I knit is automatically Fortified With Cat Hair. Sigh.

steph said...

great socks!!! doesn't an FO make your day?!?

Unknown said...

That is a very clever pattern.
And orange cats are the best!

KSD said...

He knew the socks' colors would bring out the highlights in his fur.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

They look great!
Pip was obviously just doing a little quality control.

Kim in Oregon said...

Great colors! I haven't made socks in so long!

Araignee said...

Woo hoo!!! I love those stripes. They are such a happy pair. I love a happy pair in the middle of winter.

AsKatKnits said...

I am laughing at Pip! (and everything made or worn in this house is pre-covered with Sherman hair!! The best thing, IMO!)

Dee said...

Pip is just making sure HIS gift is included.

They are perfect Christmas socks. Tim is one lucky man.

sprite said...

Pip Approved is an A+ rating!

karen said...

the name of your socks is the very best! love your cat approved photo pose.