03 August 2022

A HO and What I'm Reading

It's Wednesday, which means it's the day to join Kat and friends for Unraveled Wednesday! I've decided to join in, since I have a HO (half-finished object) and have started a new book.

First, the HO - this is the first completed sock of a pair of shorties I'm knitting. These went pretty quickly, probably because a) they are shortie socks, and b) the yarn is DK weight. Now I just need to get the other one going, and it will be finished pretty quickly as well (at least in theory).


I started this book the other day, and am so far really enjoying it:


It's weird and creepy but *very* readable! I just hope as I keep reading and hopefully finish it, that it doesn't disappoint.

This morning the weather was actually pleasant, so I was able to go out and take a walk. Coming home not soaked with sweat and having a hard time breathing just feels so nice!

I have a dr appt this morning, and then I want to attempt to wind some yarn for another project. It's one of those skeins of yarns that just seems to be a tangle, period. If I can find a way to try and get it to the point where I can wind it by hand, that will be a benefit. I realize that things happen, but it just annoys me when you have a skein of yarn that is so tangled even before you try to wind it that you don't even have a way to start. I'm willing to give it a try to see if it's salvageable, but I'm not dedicated enough to be a do-or-die untangler. I just hope I haven't wasted money on something I can't even use!

I hope all of your reading and making is going well. Take care.

10 comments:

Araignee said...

I hate when skeins do that. It seems the more I pay for them the worse they behave. I used to be very lazy and just use yarn from the put up ball but I started having way too many nasty surprises. Now I wind and re-wind everything and it's a pain.

Vera said...

Nice shortie sock. Love the different yarns you used for the heel and toe.

Nance said...

Cute shortie socks. I've had to abandon my walk today. It's already blazing hot here, and we're headed for the 90s with the attendant humidity. Grr.

Dee said...

If that yarn gives you too much trouble, put it aside. When we get together, I'll detangle the bugger for you.

The sock looks great.

Bonny said...

That is a lovely Ho and I wish you the best of luck untangling and winding. That books looks delightfully intriguing and I'm off to check my library.

kmkat said...

Did you know there is an untangling group on Ravelry? Here: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/knot-a-problem. I found someone only 20 minutes away when I had some terrible tangles created by our cats.

kayT said...

There are folks on Ravelry who will de-tangle for you; they do it for fun (!!) and just ask for postage sometimes.

Kim in Oregon said...

I read the book about a year ago, I liked the back and forth of it (I hope I'm thinking of the right book!). Cute little socklet!

karen said...

lovely sock and hope your appointment is super boring and perfect!

Jane said...

What a great sock. I knit a couple of pairs of shortie socks and they are nice in the fall and winter as house socks. Dang - I hate it when skeins of yarn start their lives tangled. I hope you are able to make some order out of the chaos.