29 August 2022

Well, That Was Fun

Monday has arrived once again. Here in Philadelphia, the public schools are starting the school year, and so there are tons of kiddos on their way - some looking excited (younger kids) and some looking resigned and/or miserable (older kids). I get it. Going back to school was always a mix of emotions for me, even from day to day.

Our weekend was a good one. Pip started by making sure that he did an adequate amount of serious relaxing on Friday. He barely moved from this position all day.


As I mentioned in my last post, we had tickets for the Phillies vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game on Friday night. We had a wonderful time, and once the sun decided to set, there was even a cool breeze!


I had to tell myself that I was hoping that the Phillies would win, NOT that the Pirates would lose. I know that is semantics, but it made me feel less conflicted.  The Phillies did end up winning on Friday evening, and it was a good game. Even the people in the seats around us were not annoying, and you may know from personal experience how much that can make the difference in enjoying something and wishing you'd just stayed home.

Look at that wonderful sky!

One thing that was funny was something The Tim said. Whenever we watch a baseball game, it really annoys me when the pitcher will get ready to throw to the batter, and then suddenly turn and throw to first base. I will be sitting at home saying, "Oh stop that!" or "Honestly, how stupid," or some other kind words. You know, as one does. Anyway, at one point during the game, the pitcher did that, and the whole stadium went "Boo!" and The Tim said, "Oh God, it's like being in a stadium of you." That just really cracked me up! (Also - Philly fans of any kind yelling "Boo" - what a shock! 😄)

Saturday we didn't do much - a short trip to the Farmer's Market, and The Tim baked some cookies. But the bulk of the day was spent with The Tim and his latest project. We have not had cable or satellite TV of any kind for years. But recently, he had read a couple of articles about YouTube TV, which is a streaming service. After doing a but more research, he decided we should try it, and so with all the necessary things ready to go, he spent a good part of the day setting it up and trying to figure out how it works. It was a mixture of fun and frustration - one of those things where you think you finally figured it out, and you go to do something only to find out that WHOOPS, you have not in fact figured it out.  At this point, we are closer to knowing how it works, but there are still plenty of hiccups to keep us on our toes.

Yesterday was a day for me to work at the yarn store, and also one of the days of Knitting Circle.*  There was a big turnout for Knitting Circle, a class happening in the classroom, and a ton of customers buying things so the time zipped by. I have to say, it's so much fun to see what people buy and hear about what they are planning to make, or to see how their projects turned out when they come in to show you. It's the best combination - people actually *want* you to ask them about it, and you can ask without being considered rude or nosy.

Also, one of the women who came to Knitting Circle yesterday brought her service dog with her. The dog is a big black dog, a Great Dane/Poodle mix named Brienne, and she is such a sweet pup! So I also got to get in my dog fix, which was a bonus on top of everything else. I'll try to get a photo of her to show you if they come again.

So now it's time to get the week started. I have some house projects lined up for the day, plus an outing to get more of the sunscreen I use on my face, and then hopefully this afternoon I'll have some time to knit and/or read. 

This coming week looks like it will be a busy one, which is fine with me. I hope your week treats you well, and that you have some time each day to yourself to read, knit, bake, garden, or whatever pleases you.

*Knitting Circle at Loop is twice a week - from 1-3 on Wednesdays; and, from 1-3 on Sundays. I thought I'd mention it in the event that anyone nearby wanted to make the trip.

8 comments:

Araignee said...

You had a really busy weekend! It all sounds like so much fun. That's a great photo of you both at the game. It's always nice when your team wins.

Nance said...

A Stadium of You--love that quip. He should be so lucky, right? LOL.

I feel the same way about getting in some Dog Time now and then. For me, the best kind of dog is Other People's. I get the joy of interaction and some petting and cuddling with none of the expense or inconvenience. And I love large dogs, so it's especially good that I enjoy those vicariously.

You had a nice weekend. I'm so glad.

Ellen D. said...

What an enjoyable weekend you had! I did a lot of driving this weekend which I am not used to but I think it was good for me because it showed that I can still get around on my own.
Hope you have a nice week!

Dee said...

Thanks for the info on the knit group. I might just do that. Do you go on Wednesdays? Can you only work on yarn you bought from them?

Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Glad you enjoyed the ball game. A win is more fun that a loss for sure.

Kim in Oregon said...

I don't think I knew you were working at Loop (yarn store yes, specific yarn store no). I've ordered from them before and really like their selection. Lucky you! Have you checked your BP lately? I bet it is way way down!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Love the pic of Pip. He's got the right idea!

We cut the cable cord about 15 years ago (I think... it's been a long time anyway). For a while we just made do with our DVDs (of stuff we loved that was worth buying), pirating shows we wanted (shhhhh!) and whatever documentaries we could find on youtube.
With the rise of streaming, we now share Netflix with my bestie Sam (we pay $5 a month to them towards one of the screens on their $20 a month subscription), and I have Amazon Prime (which I share the login with Mom and Dad so they can enjoy it too). I did add a Starz subscription this year because they have a lot of movies and shows, and at $5 a month, it seemed worth it. But we still watch loads of stuff on the free version of youtube, and have recently discovered Tubi... which is free TV/Movie streaming, though it has ads, but those aren't a big deal.
So... for a little over $20 a month, we have waaaaaay more choice than we need. And we can still always pirate (shhhhhh) for stuff we can't get on those.

Vera said...

Sounds like a great weekend Bridget! Plus The Tim got a Stadium of You! What more could one ask for?

Kym said...

What a fun, fun weekend, Bridget! I loved seeing your smiling faces at the ball game on IG over the weekend. So happy it was a fun evening. And your yarn shop gig sounds like a delight. I'm so glad you've found a place there. XO