26 August 2022

Happy Last Friday of August!

Today is not just a Friday, it's the last Friday of August. Which used to mean that school would start soon, but these days a lot of schools have already been open for a week or two by now. In any case, this month is finishing up, and soon all things fall will be showing up, along with cooler weather. Meaning that I will be a lot less grumpy!

Tonight we are going to a baseball game - the Phillies vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates. This is something we've wanted to do for a long time, but the timing didn't work out until this year. Yes, I hope the Phillies win, because they are having a decent season. But, both of us grew up as Pirates fans, so we'll be happy either way. And it's a chance to see the Pirates play, even though they are not having a good season. In any case, we are looking forward to it, and I know we'll have fun.

Now, for something else that is fun - announcing the winner of the surprise box celebrating sixteen years of this blog. I wrote every name on a piece of paper, mixed them up in a sunhat, and then put them on the floor. I let Alfie choose the winner, since he is the newest member of the family. And Alfie chose:

Kim in Oregon!!

Congratulations, Kim! I know I used to have your address, but all of the addresses I'd collected previously were on my previous computer whose hard drive died a tragic death. So if you could send it to me again, I'll get myself organized and let you know when the package is on its way.

Thanks to everyone who entered, and who left such nice comments and congratulations. As usual, it made me wish I had goodies to send to everyone. But then I decided that especially since I missed Christmas in July, I'll do a few giveaways over the year, since I enjoy them, and love sending packages to people. So be on the lookout.

Have a good weekend, and I hope the last few days of August treat you well. Here's a Friday Funny for you:


See you next week!

7 comments:

Nance said...

Congratulations to Kim in Oregon. I know she'll love her surprise.

I can't remember the last time I went to a professional baseball game. Certainly it was when Cleveland was still the Indians, but that name change only occurred this year. It was ages and ages ago. I just know we sat in the busiest row in MLB, with someone always needing to get up and go someplace. Drove me nuts.

Have a wonderful time, and no matter who wins, you'll be happy, right? ;-)

Dee said...

Congrats, Kim!!!

Cute cartoon.

Enjoy the Phillies game. I'll be watching for you on TV. LOL

Vera said...

Congratulations to Kim!! And what a cartoon for a librarian!! Have a good weekend Bridget and enjoy the game.

Araignee said...

Woo hoo Kim!!! I've only been to one baseball game at the old Orioles stadium years ago. I was shocked at how much better it is to watch in person. I couldn't sit through a game on TV to save my life but I really enjoyed the game at the stadium. Have fun at the game tonight!

Kim in Oregon said...

Oh wow thank you Bridget! Emailing the address now!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Congrats to Kim!

Love that comic!

KSD said...

Huzzah for The Twinster!

The appendix thing is great.