16 May 2022

A Leisurely Friday Stroll Through the Neighborhood

How I enjoyed my Friday day off!  (Of course, now it seems long ago, sigh.)

This was how the morning started out, just relaxing and hanging out with these two:


It was supposed to rain quite a bit, but nothing was happening around our house, so I decided to take advantage of that and take a walk around the neighborhood.  I took my phone with me so I could snap some photos to show you.  One of the nicest things about our neighborhood is that people go out of their way when springtime comes to plant flowers, whether they are in the ground or in pots.  One is more beautiful than the next when you are paying attention.



I decided to head towards the Schuylkill River Trail, to see what might be going on along there.  Passing one of the research buildings that are part of the University of Pennsylvania, I saw these guys.


Nope. You could not pay me enough to do that kind of job!


I though this flowerpot on someone's stoop nearby was particularly fancy.

Then I arrived at the trail.


I was nearly on my own, though there were a couple of runners and I saw one bicyclist.


I found this measurement confusing - shouldn't the numbers go the other way?  Oh well.


In any case, I'm glad I wasn't sitting on this bench when the rapture happened.

Time to head home.


Look how happy these azaleas are in Fitler Square!  I didn't take a wider shot, but if you happen to watch the TV show "Servant" you might be interested to know that a lot of the scenes in the most recent season of the show were shot here in Fitler Square.  


I really enjoyed my walk, and it turned out that it was just what I needed to get the day going.  Nothing of any great amazement or import happened or was accomplished for the rest of the day, but a lot of small things were taken care of, which sometimes feels more rewarding to me.  

The rest of the weekend was nice and uneventful, so it felt like it lasted a long time.

One note for today: Please keep a good thought for my niece Amanda, her husband Pat, and their kitty Clancy.  Today they will likely have to say goodbye to her, and even though she is 18 years old and has had a lovely kitty cat life with lots of love and attention, we all know that it is awful to say goodbye to those that you love.  I'm just glad they can be all together when it happens.  They've had Clancy since she was about 5 weeks old, so she is an extra special kitty.

Take care, and hug your loved ones.

7 comments:

Nance said...

What a nice walk! Mine looks to be in question so far today since rain has moved in.

Clancy has had a long and loving stretch at 18. Our first cat EmilyCat made it to 18 as well. She was cantankerous, almost blind and toothless at the end, but she was loved and missed. Our dear pets always are, and so too will be Clancy.

Ellen D. said...

Looks like you had a good day off!
I think the numbers at the river show how much clearance there is for large boats or sails - is there a bridge there?
Thanks for sharing all of the beauty in your neighborhood.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

What a fun walk!

Sending hugs for Clancy and her family. It's always so hard, no matter the circumstances

Araignee said...

What a wonderful neighborhood you live in to be able to see that on a walk right outside your door. If I'd had my way that's the kind of place I would have retired in.
So sorry to hear about Clancy. Losing a pet is so darn hard.

Dee said...

Awwwwwwww....so sorry to read about Clancy. They DID have a long time with her, but seriously, it is NEVER enough time. Virtual hugs being sent out to them.

Your photos are beautiful. I love the steps with all the planters. So pretty.

Kym said...

Thanks for the lovely walk, Bridget. And I'm keeping Amanda and Pat and Clancy in my heart. Losing a pet leaves such a hole . . . even when you "know" it's coming. All my love. XOXO

Kim in Oregon said...

First, sending my sympathies to Clancy's family. It's so hard to say goodbye.

Second, I took photos of flowers walking around today! Just to remind myself that spring will come one day.