19 May 2022

Celebrity Sighting


I have various routes I take on my walk to work. Depending on my mood, or the weather, I like to keep it from becoming monotonous.

This morning, I walked through Rittenhouse Square, and up 19th Street, towards La Colombe, a very popular coffee place in Philadelphia.  Right when I was at the door to the place, it opened, and someone came out ... it was James McAvoy!  I was so surprised, I said "Oh hi!" and he smiled and said, "'Morning, love."  

Of course, I wanted to find out why he was in town.  So I checked his IMDB page (linked above) and didn't see anything so it was time to turn to Dr. Google.  It turns out the he recently married a woman from Philadelphia, and considers the city to be "his second home."  They met while he was filming a movie for M. Night Shyamalan (known in our house as "M Knight Shama-lama-ding-dong"), who is from here and shoots a lot of his movies in the city and the nearby areas.

(Now, the limited exchange I had with Mr. McAvoy is light years better than the time I ran into Robert McNamara (one of the architects of the Vietnam War, ugh) when we lived in DC.  He was walking towards me on the street, and I recognized him.  We had recently moved there, and he was the first famous (infamous?) person I'd spotted.  I went up to him and said, "Aren't you Robert McNamara?" and he smiled and said, "Yes," and then I excitedly said "I'm Bridget Clancy!" - you know, like he'd recognize that name.  Instead, he just walked away with a concerned look on his face.)

Anyhoo, back to James McAvoy and his wife.  Now that I know more, I need answers to the MOST important questions:

1. Where exactly do they live - are we neighbors?

2. Do they have pets?

3. Do either/both of them knit?

 I'll let you know if my investigations bear fruit. 😉

7 comments:

Nance said...

That gave you a nice start to your day, didn't it?

I'd have had no idea, I have to confess. I haven't seen him in anything for ages.

Ellen D. said...

I had to google him but that "morning, love" is a sweet way to start the day!

WendyKnits said...

Love it! My fave celebrity sighting story was when Eleanor Roosevelt asked my dad for directions in London in the early 1950s.

Dee said...

An interesting way to start the day.

Araignee said...

How terribly exciting!!!! I just saw him in the Dark Materials series. I love his accent.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Now that's exciting!!!!! He's a wonderful actor.

Kim in Oregon said...

HE CALLED YOU LOVE!!

This very reminiscent of a convo I had with Kevin Bacon, only his words were 'hi there'.