09 September 2022

A Week of Walks

Along with my friend Lisa and my niece Amanda, we created a challenge for the month of September that we would all try to walk/move at least 30 minutes each day. We started on September 1 (duh), and I'm proud to say that so far, I've kept going! We text each other every day once we have completed our activity, to keep ourselves accountable. To be honest, it's made it a lot more fun, and we also share photos and things that we noticed during our outside time.

So I thought I'd share some things with all of you from my walks this past week.

The dog park early in the morning on a weekday:



The old Naval Hospital, from Civil War days. Now it's apartments and condos, but at least they didn't tear it all down:


There are tons of murals in Philadelphia. I came across this one in my neighborhood the other day. I had never seen it before, but it's now one of my very favorites:


Some of the wildflowers along the river trail:



A railroad trestle with some kind of machine on top of it. I'm not a big fan of graffiti, but I liked getting this photo, especially against the sky:


Not pictured here are Eleanor the Golden Retriever, and Norm the greyhound, who I met on separate days and who both wanted to give me many, many kisses! I love getting to see and pet so many pups every day.

I'm glad I decided to do this, not just for my health and to accept the challenge, but because I really enjoy walking, and there is so much to see even just in my neighborhood.

I hope you'll get a chance to explore this weekend, and that even if you don't, that you have good weather and time to yourself. I'll see you next week. 😊

6 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great challenge!

Kim in Oregon said...

Good for you! I try to do half an hour a day too---today it was digging a dog crate out of the storage closet! Yes that took half an hour!

Dee said...

I love this kind of blog post. I can't wait to see "fall" come to Philadelphia. There are some pretty blocks with lovely trees.

Araignee said...

You really do have some interesting sights! My 30 min daily walk usually consists of knit walking around the kitchen after dinner. I'm down and out with a bad hip this weekend so I'm on the couch. I spent the week giving Daughter a hand by wrangling the 9 month old baby Grand while SIL was away on a business trip and am paying the price for all that lifting.

Kym said...

Oh, Bridget! This just warms my heart! Walking . . . is such a great thing to do. And you have such INTERESTING routes to take. Thanks for sharing your walks! XO

karen said...

I would walk with you if I lived near by. Frodo and I walk daily and now it doesn't seem like a chore and more like a fun thing to do!