02 September 2022

Some Friday Letters


Today seems like a good day for some letters, don't you think?

Dear Summer People: 

Well, you've had more than what you wished for this summer, haven't you? Heat, heat, humidity, humidity. You know, what you love and can't wait to celebrate. I hope you soaked in every second, and I hope you enjoyed it, since you love it so much. But let's agree that we're all ready to move along, OK?

Dear People Who Are Having Babies:

If having a baby means you need to take your pet or pets to a shelter, or even worse, just abandon them, maybe you should never have a pet - or even a baby - in the first place. You, my friends, are the worst of us. I am curious - when you have a second baby, are you going to take the first one to a shelter because you "won't have the time" to care for it?

Dear Louis de Joy:

May you die a long, painful, terrible death, unable to get the medication you need because it is being delivered through the USPS, and you have ruined it so much, people are lucky if they even get their bills on time. You're welcome.

Dear Guy Who Sings While Walking Down the Street Every Afternoon:

You do you. Your singing is terrible and too loud, but you are clearly so happy, just keep going. The world needs more terrible, loud, happy singers.

Dear People Driving Cars:

You do realize that some people actually walk around, right? And that you can't move until the light turns green? So maybe don't honk at people who you think are moving too slow through the crosswalk, while the light is still red. Particularly you, guy in the green Lexus, who also added a "Hurry up" yell to an elderly man who was crossing the street. May someone key your precious Lexus accidentally on purpose one day.

Dear Bees and Butterflies:

Please hang in there. Our asters didn't do as well this summer because we couldn't keep them from frying in the sun. Hopefully they will be back and do better next summer, and I'm also going to try to plant more flowers that you like next year. 

Dear Fall Weather:

Anytime you feel like showing up, I'll be here - and more than happy to see you!

******

It's a long Labor Day weekend here in the U.S., so if you have plans, enjoy!  We have no specific plans, which is fine with us. Hopefully we can have our picnic dinner that we missed having on July 4th since Covid came to visit for that holiday.

In any case, no matter where you are or what you do/do not celebrate, just enjoy the time however you can.

9 comments:

Araignee said...

Love it! I'd like to tell fall I'm ready and waiting too. I don't think I've ever been so ready and it was a pretty mild summer by our standards.

Vera said...

Enjoy the weekend Bridget. It was delightfully cool this morning! No plans for me other than meeting up with Dee tomorrow.

Nance said...

The guy who told an elderly man to hurry needs a good, sound smack.

I'm ready for some more autumnal weather, too. While I am grateful for my air conditioning, I am incredibly sick of using it. Dry, cooler air from open windows--bring it on.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That honking guy... I'm not saying Canadians are polite drivers, because believe me, they are not... but when I visited Chicago... OMG. Stop signs are apparently just a suggestion, whether there is a pedestrian crossing or not (I quickly learned to run across, regardless of whether I had the right of way or not)... and the amount of people honking at the car in front of them, the very second the light turned green... mind blowing... apparently in Chicago, you are supposed to predict when the light will turn green and already be moving when it does....? I've never experienced impatience like I did in Chicago.

Kim in Oregon said...

Happy Labor Day! I hate people who ignore walkers (and I also hate walkers who think they can change direction in the middle of crossing the street---to start going diagonally instead of straight across, for some unknown reason).

Mereknits said...

You made me smile Bridget and boy did I need to. Thank you.

KSD said...

Are you accepting co-signers on these letters?

We've had lots of butterflies here, but not so many bees, Tap is fascinated with both.

Dee said...

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

May Mr. Green Lexus one day be old and slow. (It happens to ALL of us eventually === if we're lucky.)

Kym said...

Always love your letters, Bridget! You keep on writing them . . . and sending them out into the universe! XO