19 September 2022

Weekend Sightings

Hello, and I hope all of you had a good weekend. Ours was fine, nothing elaborate, but enjoyable and relaxing.

Saturday morning we started off heading down to southwest Philadelphia so I could get my Real ID. The Tim had gone to this particular office which is near his work to get his, and he said that a) it was huge, so they handled lots of people at once, and b) it wasn't crowded if you went when they first opened. The Tim was going to drop me off, and then go and pick up a new vacuum cleaner ordered from a Target nearby. So I went in, and there was a bit of a line to check in, but it moved really fast. And then it was my turn and ... I was missing a document - UGH! I had put everything into a folder, except apparently for a utility bill to provide proof of residence. Which meant that there was no way I was getting that done at that place and time. So frustrating! So that did not start things well, but it was uphill from there (thank the Lord!), and I'll just have to make sure everything is really and truly in the folder and go back another day.

And, our new vacuum cleaner is so great, that it was worth the trip anyway. The Tim had a plan for things he wanted to work on, so I decided to walk into Center City and see if I could find affordably priced walking shoes at the Nordstrom Rack. Mine are nearly shot, but I can't afford a $100+ pair of shoes at the moment.

On my way, I decided to stop at a Starbucks and treat myself to a Passion Iced Tea. Imagine my shock when I came across Steve Bannon - when did he get out of prison???


Of course, this isn't really Steve Bannon - for one thing, as everyone who has seen this photo has commented, he's never looked this good. But seriously, how much would it suck to be this guy, and always have people doing a double take?

Anyway, my plan was a success. I found a pair of really good walking shoes that usually cost $179, that were marked down to $69.97, but were also on clearance, so I got them for $40! Apparently they are from last season, so as long as the fashionistas don't find out, I should be OK. 😀

We spent the late afternoon watching the Notre Dame football game (YAY THEY WON!), and most of the Phillies game (really?), so it was a both productive and enjoyable day.

Yesterday, since I had to be at work at 10:00, I took my morning walk first thing when I got up.  And I was very excited to run into this guy while walking along the river:


I decided seeing him meant it would be a good day, and you know what - it was a pretty good day! My shift at the yarn store went well (certainly better than last week!), and everyone who came in for a class, purchase, look-around, or Knitting Circle seemed to be in a good mood, which is always nice. Then I fixed one of my favorite dinners for us (Spanish Chickpeas and Rice) and it was a particularly good batch. We spent the rest of the evening watching some shows we recorded and just taking it easy before the week got underway again.

So even though things started a bit shaky, it all ended on a good note. I'd much rather things end well because it just puts you on better footing for the week ahead.

Here's hoping the week is a good one for all of us.

7 comments:

Dee said...

Getting REAL ID is a pain in the SHORTS! I had an "enhanced driver's license" in Florida, but PA isn't a reciprocal state with Florida and my paperwork doesn't meet with their requirements (i.e. I don't have a state issued marriage license. I have a church license which according to PA is not a valid license. WTF!)

I don't need a Real ID .......so I'm not bothering. It took me SEVEN tries to get my Florida Real ID. Every time "something" was out of order. I'm not going through THAT again. LOL

Glad you found some good walking shoes. Isn't it crazy how expensive they can get. I usually find something suitable at DSW, but even they have gone up in price quite a bit.

Have a great week.

Nance said...

Major score on the shoes! I paid 90$ for mine at a Famous Footwear, gritting my teeth the entire time. Grrr.

HATED getting the Real ID. I feel like if you have a passport and your DL, that should be enough. (I'm aware that no one cares what I think.)

My 92-year old mother's DL expired during the pandemic, and we want to get her just a state ID for OH. THEY NEED A COPY OF HER MARRIAGE LICENSE since her birth certificate is not the same as all her other records. She was married 71 years ago. Holy crap.

Kim in Oregon said...

Sorry about the kerfuffle with the Real ID. We decided to just take our passports with us when we travel, for better or worse, but we'll see how that goes. And now I better check to see when they expire!

KSD said...

If you vacuum while wearing your new shoes. . . WHOO! WHOO!

Araignee said...

We had the same thing happen with The Mister's ID. He stood in line for hours and then was told we didn't have the right stuff so we had to go back and do it all over again. Mine was a breeze because it was in the middle of the pandemic and they only were doing appointments with one person at a time and I was forewarned about what to bring. I still had to pay a fortune for an official birth certificate though. What a racket.

Kym said...

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting your id paperwork taken care of. It's such a bummer when you're all ready . . . but actually not. (I've been in that situation many times before. . . ) But YAY for finding the perfect shoes -- and for such a good deal, too! (Sale-shoes are always the best-shoes.) (And did I tell you that my daughter-in-law, Lauren, works at Notre Dame now????)

karen said...

we did the real id a year or so ago and it was pretty painless if I recall. Fall is coming soon and I am so excited.