12 September 2022

Plansus Interruptus

I don't know about you, but I'm very surprised that it's already the 12th of September. Didn't the month just start, like, 2 days ago??

Such is life, I guess.

Anyway, I hope all of you had an enjoyable weekend. Mine was just one of those weekends where all was well, nothing horrible happened, but everything just was ... off, you know? 

My original plan for Saturday was to go to the NJ Sheep and Wool Festival. Tim is always willing to go along with me, and the deal is that on our way home, I treat him to brunch or lunch somewhere. And I'd been really looking forward to it. But by the end of the week last week, I realized that it would probably be better to skip it this year. For one thing, I hadn't planned ahead. So I didn't have any "set aside money" to spend there. Also, and probably more important, by the end of the week, three different things came up that will require spending a lot of money in a very short amount of time. The more I thought about it, the more I felt that it would just be better to stay home and not even feel tempted by any of the goodies. So we ended up staying home. Hopefully next year I'll have myself organized better well beforehand.

Then Sunday turned out to be one of those days when everything was just "off" enough that I felt out of sync all day. Even at my job at the yarn store, I was just off for most of the day. For instance, this one woman called to ask if we had the yarn she wanted for a specific pattern. I put her on hold to check the inventory, and when I went to take her off hold, I disconnected her instead! Then she called back immediately, and I DID IT AGAIN - UGH! I found her in our customer database, but not her phone number, so I sent her an e-mail, explaining what happened, and apologizing, and giving her the info she needed. Hopefully it will all work out OK, but I truly hate when that happens, anytime and anywhere. And there were other things that just didn't work quite exactly as they should have. 

I was washing up the dinner dishes and dropped a glass, which broke - I mean, I can't actually remember the last time that happened. 

So hopefully I got all of that out of my system yesterday, and this week will be better.  I'm working an extra day this week (Thursday), filling in for someone else, so maybe that will be a good day that balances things out. Or at least not another day like yesterday was ... 😊

Here's to a good week for all of us!

6 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Sorry you had an off weekend. Hope you have a fabulous week to make up for it!

Nance said...

Mercury is in retrograde. Blame it all on that.
I'm sorry that you had a bit of a crummy weekend.

Kym said...

When those kind of things happen (in a row) to Tom and/or I, we call them "stupid streaks." Luckily, they don't last too long usually. Hope you're back up to your usual speed this week. XOXO

Dee said...

Here's to a good week!!!

Kim in Oregon said...

I broke two glasses this week! I hate that! I hope this week is better.

KSD said...

Sorry. . . Couldn't get back to you sooner. Face against wall and all that.

Hang in there.