07 September 2022

The Current State of Projects

I've been knitting away on my three projects lately, and thought I'd give you a visual update.

First up, the Musselburgh Hat for my niece's husband Pat. I'm a few inches from the point where I will start knitting with different yarn, so that it's two hats in one.


Then, the pair of socks I'm knitting for The Tim for our anniversary. I'm into the leg on sock #1, and have the cuff done on sock #2.


Finally, the shawlette I'm knitting for my niece Amanda. I misread the pattern, and started it so that the pink is the dominant color instead of the green. But, I decided to leave it because a) I had already done quite a bit of knitting, and b) since pink is her favorite color, this gives it more of that in the FO.


The socks are the ones with the soonest deadline, as our anniversary is at the end of October. But I'm not worried about finishing any of these in time. I have plenty of time until the end of October, and the other two are December gifts, so I think I'm in good shape.

Plus, if I finish these sooner rather than later, then I'll get working on one of my own projects without having these gift knits waiting until the last minute - win-win!

9 comments:

Nance said...

I love that pink. It's going to be a pretty shawl.

You're really moving on your projects and well ahead of deadline. Good for you!

Araignee said...

I didn't realize that hat was two layers and reversible. That makes me like it even more. I don't even bother with hats that aren't lined anymore. They just aren't warm enough.

Dee said...

I like the pink as the dominant color on the shawl.

Ellen D. said...

Keep up the great work!

Kim in Oregon said...

Love all of these.Do you have more time to knit now that you work in a knit shop?

Kym said...

Such nice gift-projects, Bridget! I really like the pink as the dominant color. (I'm doing same in my sweater, which uses VERY similar colors . . . ) XO

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love them all. Are the socks Felici?

KSD said...

Terrific colors for The Tim's socks!

karen said...

all of your projects are gorgeous!